1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Ways to maybe improve most maps and gameplay!

Discussion in 'MurderMystery General Discussion' started by Dominicshortbow, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Dominicshortbow

Dominicshortbow Notable Member Emerald Member

I think some maps need to get expanded or shorten. So I'm going to leave a list of each map and how it can be improved!

Link of pictures that will go with the post: https://imgur.com/gallery/Cj49nyG

Abandoned Hotel:
    The map needs another floor and needs more escapes routes because the map as barely any escaping points. So maybe add some holes in ground that leads to other floors or hidden ladders.

Abandoned School:
    This map is mostly good, just its a little too large. So maybe block some rooms off?

Aquarium B:
    This map should get it's underground maze removed! The maze is too confusing for everyone and no one can find their way out. You could keep the maze too if you just make holes in the fish tank glass so others can easily access everywhere more easier.

Castle:
    It's pretty good, no change needed!

Clue N:
    It's pretty good, no change needed!

Cursed Pizzeria:
    Too many rooms, I would just close off some rooms.

Dairy Farm:
    The map needs to be expanded a bit more, it's too small.

FNAF 6:
    No change needed.

Forest:
    Put barriers on trees so no one can parkour up on it. It's too easy to camp up high and see the murder at a wide view. The house roof should only be the only high view they could have.

Garden:
    Good map if there's 2 murders

Haunted Mansion:
    Put barriers on the windows that's above the doors in the main staircase room.

Hotel N:
    Similar to Abandoned Hotel, just needs more escaping areas.

Japanese Villa:
    No changes needed.

Laboratory:
    Needs a little bit of escaping areas that can connect to other floors.

Lake:
    No changes needed.

Library:
    Needs more rooms, the only area's they have is the underground maze and the library floor. Maybe add another room for like little kids that some libraries have.

Mansion B:
    Put barriers on top of statue and the windows that are above doors at the main staircase room.

Office building:
    Just put barriers on top of the umbrellas and the billboard that are outside.

Pixie Village:
    Put barriers on top of the large trees in middle, there's a way to get up to it and just view the whole map.

Rapunzels tower:
    Add a little bit of buildings outside, outside is too wide open.

Rural Ireland:
    Too wide open, needs more buildings or other stuff.

School N:
    Have more escaping areas that connects to other floors or rooms. And remove the flower pot on the top floor near the stairs, it makes it possible to parkour to the shelf.

The Grand Hotel:
    Put barriers on all lamp posts. There's one spot that is way too op to get on if you parkour from the pool room. (So when you enter the pool room, in the right side you jump on one lamp post, then to the other, then the trees at the end of the map.)

Train Yard:
    Put barriers on top of the brick boarder wall, it's too op as you can see the whole view.

Village:
    The map could get shortened or put barriers on the entrance of each house as the map is too large.

Wild West:
    No changes needed.

Clown:
    Please put more barriers on the barrier as it's possible to parkour outside the map, and put barriers on the roof of a building which I will show on a picture because that building can help to parkour outside the map!

Other fixes:
    -When there are 2 murders, please cut the blindness mode by half or else it's too op.
    -Have a 2 second cool down on the sheriff gun as it's kinda op.
    -Sometimes when a game just started and the only murder leaves right away, please then select another innocent to be murder. (Have a system checker that check in the first 20sec if the murder chooses to just leaves, it will select someone else as murder).

If anyone else has anything else to add, go ahead and reply.

BearB, _tux_, Yuxxa and 3 others like this.
  2. Dominicshortbow

Another thing I forgot to add is hospital!
    Hospital:
    On the back side where the ladder was, please put barriers on the right side on all windows so no one can easily camp has a large crowd up there. But the windows are probably not a big issue has it's kinda easy for the murder to blind everyone and kill all that are up there.

3. liax

liax Member Emerald Member

4. Dominicshortbow

Hey liax, Why are you saying "No" for no reason. I'm just trying to help the community.

5. Sshadow_Kaster

Sshadow_Kaster Notable Member Emerald Member

For the barrier thing, if you can jump to it legit, it's not too op.
    murderer and sheriff can both shoot ranged. (sword if thrown)
    Anywhere that's unreachable, yes.

anywhere that leads to out of bounds should have barriers.

Sheriff gun could be nerfed maybe, it isn't always perfect though.

2 murderers, also a maybe, but 2 is easier to find, and blindness isn't horrible.

A system for that would be great actually.

6. Dominicshortbow

Sshadowstalk3r, I know that the murder can throw knife and sheriff can shoot, but the issue is if the sheriff was in the tricky spot and he moves right to left to avoid the knife, then the murder can't throw for awhile and sheriff can just spam the gun. Which would make it way too easy for the sheriff.

7. Sshadow_Kaster

Sshadow_Kaster Notable Member Emerald Member

I can agree on that, but the majority of spaces have enough for you to evade shots.

8. ChrxmeCz

ChrxmeCz Notable Member Emerald Member

I don't think that Abandon Hotel needs another floor,if you've played for a long time on Brokenlens MM, you'll know a way to escape the murd.(in my opinion)

I oppose to put barriers in the Hospital map, I don't think it's a good idea to put barries, what I think they should do to that map is to remove a few floors,because the map is too big.

Aquarium B is a good map with the maze you just need to memorize it and it's not **that** confusing (for players that have played for a long time). I believe the BT tried to remake Aquarium A in their own way, I think the maze should stay like that.

To put barries in the Train Yard map it would be good but idk.

I think it would be REALLY unnecessary to put Barries in the Statue in the map Mansion B, you can just throw the sword.

Cursed Pizzeria it's a small map, they should close the rooms.

Forest is a very old map,the tree has a way to Parkour for a reason they shouldnt put barries. There's no many hiding spots in that map.

Besides you want all the good spots eliminated, well the game is not only for the Murderer. It's for everyone.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  9. _TrenzK_

_TrenzK_ 〓 BL MOD - BT Lead 〓 Global Moderator Build Team Captain

I won't change Hotel N anytime soon. I'll just keep it the same as the old Og Hotel map ( 2017 ) and I'm pretty sure 80% of the Og MM players want to keep it like that to not ruin the fun nostalgia memories.

despairr, AllyMac_, Ruico and 8 others like this.
  10. ChrxmeCz

:two_hearts::thumbsup:

Alairina, KhrizKGM, Yuxxa and 3 others like this.
  11. Dominicshortbow

I just noticed about what I said about Cursed Pizzeria, ignore that one, the size is ok. No changes needed.

Yuxxa, SplashingPaint836 and ChrxmeCz like this.
  12. Contractingg

Contractingg Notable Member Emerald Member

rural Ireland is supposed to be like that

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2020
    Yuxxa and ChrxmeCz like this.
  13. Contractingg

Like jesus christ my map is supposed to be like that, I put work into it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2020
  14. Contractingg

Help d'community? Haha that's a laugh

15. Silicator

Silicator New Member

Dude the maps are completely fine honestly. None of them need to be fixed. The themes of the maps aren't supposed to consist (in shape and size) of the same objects and playability.

If its abandoned, its going to have more of a rough playability
    If its farmland, its going to have more of a fielded land playability.

careless, Alairina, Yuxxa and 2 others like this.
  16. ChrxmeCz

Exactly:lmao:

Alairina, Yuxxa and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  17. Dominicshortbow

Well I'm trying to help by making the maps game plays more balanced because right now, some maps are in favored of murders, others are in favored for sheriffs and Innocents. I'm trying to give idea's so the game is a bit more challenging and fun for all.

Also did you make any of the maps? Because I looked at the list of the MM maps and didn't see your name at all under the creators. Unless if you have a different name in the forums. Also for Rural Ireland, I didn't mean big houses and towers. I was saying maybe add more cars or big grass or others too fill space so the field wouldn't been so open and very difficult for the murder.

P.S. I'm not trying to complain, I was only giving ideas that would make the map better. I know that the builders ain't going to change every map.

AllyMac_, Yuxxa and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  18. Dominicshortbow

@Contractingg Just let me say my own opinion. I know all that I asked for in the maps ain't all going to be improved.

Yuxxa, SplashingPaint836 and ChrxmeCz like this.
  19. ChrxmeCz

He has a different name. He used a TT

Yuxxa and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  20. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

The thing is that some maps favor a specific and even multiple roles which isn’t fair. Of course maps need to look nice but I don’t feel like playing a map that has a bunch of details that get annoying. A balance of both is what makes a map fair. But I appreciate the builders for building these maps even if they are a bit unfair but I know they can always improve on them. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.