1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

TNTRun Tips - Not Just For Playing. ;)

Discussion in 'TNT Games General Discussion' started by seacosmos, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. seacosmos

seacosmos Notable Member Emerald Member

I suspect you came here not only for the tips.
    You were intrigued by the "Not Just For Playing" part, weren't you?
    Well, those tips are for people who want to build a TNTRun map. Yes, you read that correctly. There aren't many but there are some. So read on to find them out!

Mini-Section - How To Play. (Just in case, here's a small tutorial on how to play.)

You spawn in a map with gravel and sand as the ground (for now, anyway. So far, nobody has submitted any TNTRun maps including concrete powder). Underneath, there are TNT blocks. As soon as you step on a block after the timer has started, the block has about a 1 second delay before disappearing. There will be at least 4 levels, so don't worry if you accidentally fall from the first floor, that doesn't mean immediate death. You have to run or walk around, while parkouring over the gaps, to avoid falling a level lower.

Section 1 - Tips for winning TNTRun.

Tip 1: Don't run, just walk.
    It's better if you walk instead of sprint. Yes, you can sprint sometimes, for when you need to jump a 2 or 3 block jump, but after that you should go back to walking. This is because walking helps prevent lag, which by the way, makes the game almost impossible to play.

Tip 2: Practice doing hardcore parkour. (Hey, that rhymes!)
    As you walk, you will obviously leave a trail behind you. An empty trail. If you fell into this little trail, you will fall a level lower, increasing your chance of losing. This is where parkour comes in. You will have to jump over quite a few holes, some bigger than others. 3- and 4-block jumps are the hardest, so try to avoid getting into places where the only exit is through a big jump. Of course you'll still have to jump over some holes, so I suggest practicing in parkour maps, the harder the better. Just try to stick to 1- and 2-block jumps when you're playing.

Tip 3: Use the side buttons.
    I'm not exactly sure what they are called, so I just call them, "side buttons". They are the buttons you use to move to the side without having to move your head. Kinda like walking like a crab. If you accidentally jump too early, and you look like you're going to end up a level lower, use your side buttons. There's most likely a block next to the empty space you just jumped to, or at least one back. If it's one back, use a combination of your side button and your back button. Have fun attempting that and not failing (unless you're a pro at parkour). xD

Tip 4: Check if there's any land beneath you.
    You know those empty spaces I was just talking about which used to house sand, gravel and TNT blocks? Well, you can obviously look down through those holes. That way, you can have a quick glance to see if there's any land beneath you. It's best to figure out which parts have more land under them, so if you accidentally fall, you'll at least have a higher chance of surviving.

Tip 5: Circle the map.
    The classic move every decent TNTRun player should know - circle the map. In the 10 seconds the round hasn't started, run straight to the floor near the walls. Then as soon as the round does start, simply run around the outer rim of the map, slowly closing in to the middle. That way, you have a much lower chance of falling, because you're not making a mess and that way, you have less empty holes.

That's all the tips for playing, now here are some tips for building TNTRun maps.

Section 2 - Tips for building TNTRun maps.

Tip 1: Use concrete powder.
    Concrete powder is a new block that was recently added in the 1.1.0 update (I think. xD), and they are just like sand and gravel - they obey gravity. They also come in a variety of colours - the same colours as concrete and wool. You can use them to create some very colourful maps for TNTRun.

Tip 2: Make walls that look complicated - but aren't really.
    If you place certain blocks, like stairs for example, in different ways across a wall, it will make the wall look more complex than it is really. Or, you can do double-layered walls. Using /fill, you can fill the second layer of the wall will a certain block. Then you can do the first layer, the one people will see on the inside, by doing the trick with certain blocks I mentioned above. Trust me, it will look awesome.

Tip 3: Have themes.
    Let's say you've decided you'd like to use concrete powder to make your map more vibrant. Now, you can't just go filling the place with TNT then covering it with random speckles of colourful concrete powder. Of course, that would be a very nice dance floor, but it would be nice to have some theme to the whole build. Besides, what kind of wall would a dance floor have? Most clubs, which is where you'd usually find a dance floor, only have plain brick walls painted black.

That's pretty much it for this thread. Enjoy the tips, and I hope they helped you. Have a nice day. Good luck! ^w^

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. TechnoTheDutchAD

TechnoTheDutchAD Notable Member

Now, With A Little Bit Of Practice At Parkour, And Side Buttons..... I FEEL LIKE I COULD WIN!!!!!!

3. Strel

Strel Notable Member Emerald Member

lol im working on one, its just taking forever cuz no world edit xD

4. seacosmos

seacosmos Notable Member Emerald Member

You can use /spawnpoint to get the coords (or download a coords addon) then use /fill to fill the whole thing with tnt xD

Strel likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.