1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Tips and Suggestions for those who are interested

Discussion in 'Splatter General Discussion' started by SilverShadow525, Apr 22, 2017.

1. SilverShadow525

SilverShadow525 New Member

I've been playing a lot of Splatter recently (I mean, it's based off one of my favorite games-I-don't-have-yet-I-know-everything-about-it, Splatoon!), and I've been in really good matches, but I've also been with a lot of pretty bad teams (I mean come on cyan, 23%?!) Anyways, I see the same mistakes being made all the time, and it costs us the game many times. So I want to give my tips and suggestions for those who want to be good at Splatter! Also, take a look at some of the other tips and tricks threads that other people have made on Splatter. They have some info that could prove very useful later on!
    1. The biggest mistake I see people do is forget the objective of the game. If you have ever played or know anything about Splatoon, then you know that the primary objective of a Turf War is to cover as much horizontal surfaces as you can. What I see happening often though, is that people want to go splat as many enemies as they can! While splatting enemies does give you coins and exp, It doesn't help the primary objective if you end up losing that battle. I recommend covering the large empty areas on the south side of the map, and gradually moving towards the north on the enemy side. If an enemy tries to rush and take turf on your side, that's when you take them out! Once the south is painted and secured, advance to the north!
    2. Learn how the Weapons work! The bow is used by charging the bow, but not letting go. While the bow is charging, it will shoot out rapid-fire, short-ranged, high-spread ink towards wherever you are pointing. I find it most useful for spreading ink in your immediate area and for close range combat. The shovel, when you tap with it in your hand, shoots an egg in the direction you are looking, which paints a small area around where it lands. If you are good at egg throwing, this can be a deadly long-range weapon! I recommend using this for long-range painting and combat. The ghast tear, when you tap and hold with it in your hand, teleports you to a random teammate. Make sure though that you don't use it after a teammate has just died, or you might end up back at spawn! This has a 30-50 sec cooldown.
    3. Spread Out! Unless there's a huge struggle for control over a major point of the map, you are better off breaking off from the rest of the team and covering more ground! I recommend that one person covers the area by the base, another hits the west side of the map, another the east, and the last one try and take the center! Once the south is cleared, do the same for the north!
    4. Support your teammates! When there's a firefight between a teammate and an enemy, try to cover the ground beneath them to keep them alive and stocked with ammo. Then if they win, you can help clean up the mess left by the enemy! If they lose, you can finish off the now weakened enemy and start taking their turf! You can also help by painting side paths and choke points, this will make it easier for your teammates to move to certain parts of the map.
    5. Choose your perspective! I know this seems strange, but for this game, I like Third Person Back view. It works for me, but I'll let you decide. Here are the different advantages and disadvantages for each view. First person - allows for super accurate aim, but has a shorter field of view. Third Person Back - Larger field of view, even allowing you to see your back and a little bit behind you, but harder to aim unless you are used to this view. Third Person Front - Allows you to see yourself and everything behind you, but almost impossible to aim, No, just don't use this view! You Will die, and you Will lose!
    So those are my tips and suggestions for Splatter! If you have any tips, suggestions, or strategies, let us all know in the comments! I would love to know what you've got!

Jonas125, Strel and seacosmos like this.
  2. DarkTdmPlays

DarkTdmPlays 〖 Brokenlens Staff 〗 Sectional Moderator

Nice job on these!

Jonas125 likes this.
  3. SilverShadow525

SilverShadow525 New Member

I've been noticing a strategy with the shovel that's been shown to be very effective. The player would look down and spam the ground while sprinting. This seems similar to how the Roller class works in Splatoon.
    The Pros: It's good for covering a lot of ground quickly while on the move. It also seems pretty good at taking out enemies. Can be used while being chased or chasing others.
    The Cons: It takes up a lot of ink. You can't really see where you're going since you're looking down and not ahead of you. Personally I find it hard to use, but that may just be me not being used to it.
    So tell me what you think of this strategy. Be sure to also tell me of any more strategies you find

Strel likes this.
  4. mongi

mongi Notable Member Emerald Member

Nice tips XD will be very useful for other players :D

JosellYNL likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.