1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Tabletop (a minigame concept)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by MarvelB0i, Apr 28, 2020.

Do you think this concept is cool?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Yes but with changes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

So I recently was playing some D&D and I was like wait a minute... *lightbulb appears above my head* I have a good minigame concept!! I present to you... Tabletop. It's a game inspired from tabletop RPGS and dungeon crawlers.

The game concept: Basically the game's concept is somewhat similar to tabletop RPGS. Someone builds a challenge (similar to the role of the game master), and the players (playing the role of well..players) have to get through it with custom characters they create. The players will create their own character by choosing a mob (kind of like a race in D&D) to play as. Then they can pick cool perks and abilities that they can use to fight, or to do other stuff, and finally, they can change the appearance of the character like giving it cosmetic armor, particles and even changing the mob's color or simple stuff like that to make your character your own. The people who want to build maps and challenges with there friends can spend gold earned by playing minigames, to make a creative world where they can make their own level that the players have to get through. They can use special commands to teleport, and add AI controlled enemies to their dungeon, that they customise, as well as add scripted chat messages to appear. Then the builder of a dungeon can publicly upload their content, where all players can try to brace the dungeon's challenges. Players could play with other random players or could play a private game with friends and stuff.

Playing the game: The game would be played more similarly to a dungeon crawler game than a typical tabletop RPG. Players will use their abilities they get when they make their character and work together to get through the challenge, and fight enemies with custom abilities that their character can use in a typical dungeon crawler style of combat.

Final notes: I get that this concept is way out there and Minecraft possibly can't even handle it because it runs on quite old technology for modern game standards, but just think of how fun a game like this would be. I think everyone could get some fun out of this concept despite it never ever gonna be added, and if it does it will take like 5 years to make.
    Thank you for reading my TED talk. :D
    -MarvelB0i

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    SplashingPaint836 likes this.
  2. Bearrel

Bearrel Notable Member Emerald Member

Interesting but very complex. People will have trouble understanding how to play. I am in the middle for this idea.

B3N, SplashingPaint836, Strel and 3 others like this.
  3. wishing

wishing Notable Member Emerald Member

I didn’t get a word of that, am I ageing? :smuggrin:

4. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

This is like a whole different game. It sounds similar to Super Mario Maker and adding that to Minecraft will be a terrible challenge.

blackjana, Strel and fewerrrr like this.
  5. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

Basically you build and customize a dungeon where other players can fight and play on your dungeon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.