1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Rewind, restart, revive.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by gaaaww, Apr 28, 2021.

Do you miss Brokenlens 2017-2018?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

Hello.

As you might all know Brokenlens is not exactly what it used to be. The server itself is still fine, yeah. But it's lost a form of authenticity.
    Its community has become less and less like a home.

This has started to happen around the end of 2017.
    In present times the server is very unpersonal. Not really like a home anymore.
    Hackers everywhere.
    No more making friends.
    No more family like community.

I'm pretty sure the indirect cause of this was the introduction of console gamers to minecraft.
    I don't believe this is brokenlens' fault, but I do believe that the continuation of this 'downfall' is and has been mostly in the hands of brokenlens.

Yet I strongly believe the server can still be saved.

Therefor I ask of you to please read my message and hear me out.
    This is not ment as hateful nor rude, this is a call for help for me so many others who hold this server dear to their hearts years later.

I've done a lot of asking around and giving my strong opinions on this matter outside of the brokenlens app, but figured that maybe I can grab the attention of people that have the ability to suggest matters to the head team of the server. Even if it will not be taken into consideration, i hope to atleast be heard and understood.

We who criticize, advice and suggest these changes only do this because we love the server, not because we want to burden you. We are with you. Not against you.

Anyway,
    Let's get to the point.
    I believe it's never too late to start over.
    I know I know. It seems rough.
    But it can make everything so easy in the long run. I see the trouble the builders and mods have all gone through and I want to credit you all, but I fear that you might be pulling on.. well. Not a dead horse,
    but a heavily injured one.

I believe that if we date back to the server in 2017-2018 and start implementing all the advice we have not implemented back in the day causing the server to hiccup and fall down a bit, we can catch up to modern servers but this time keeping the authenticity community.
    even if in the first while the server might feel very out of trend, quality to rebuild on is better then ending up with a dead server. I guess you can compare it to hair with split ends that are slowly making its ways to the roots because they refuse to trim it.

Plus. You can catch up. I know its a hard and tough job to be done, but I believe in you guys. I'm not commanding you to do it. But you guys could do it.
    Maybe my suggestion might not be one that you guys want to do, but I atleast hope this stirs up stuff and gives you all the realization that it's time for action. If I can help in any way, please ask, too.

Now if my suggestion would happen, I would advertise you to all the people I could that I know have missed that server. I would try my best to make sure I do all the advertising possible so you can make this decision happen.

I can understand how unreasonable it all sounds, but it all seems too injured.
    If we keep going like this the server will not survive.

This is the only server that I want to save, the only server I care about, but I don't have much hope that it will continue much longer in the state that it's in. I know it's a leap of fate and hard work,

But I have hope that it will pay off. And I've thought of this for a long long time.

Our criticism isn't your worst enemy. Our criticism wants to be your best friend. Please take it into consideration.

Thank you for reading

Rubyyy_, ShIpZ__, hcneyy and 6 others like this.
  2. Eyow189

Eyow189 Eyow189 Builder

Thats a very long message i could sayy, I really agree about bl not being it used to be back in the days though you can still have friendss, like how i got mines. I hope this criticism will be helpful.

hcneyy, gaaaww, SecretStash99 and 3 others like this.
  3. Zachh_

Zachh_ Notable Member

My goodness your topic is such a spirit but the people wont come play because the school and the time zone just wait until summer hope your friends are coming back

gaaaww and GirlFighter478 like this.
  4. Selp

Selp Notable Member Emerald Member

I want a new lobby for the games like mw and tsw, the current lobbies are starting to look plain and boring in my opinion.

5. Zachh_

Zachh_ Notable Member

I believe your opinion is right

Rubyyy_ and GirlFighter478 like this.
  6. temmmie

temmmie ☠︎︎ ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ɢᴜʏ ☠︎︎ Builder Emerald Member

I do agree that there are hackers everywhere, and not all staff are online to help, but I mean they have real lives too, not just in the video game! You can still make friends, and let me tell you something... THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT PEOPLE ON THE SERVER!!!

and bout the other things- I only joined in 2019 so idk waht u talkin bout- exept ive seen som old yt videos about it and it looked cute and fun :D

hcneyy, AnUnknownDuck, gaaaww and 3 others like this.
  7. addictixn

addictixn Notable Member

and dont forget this :
    staffs are biased

gaaaww and GirlFighter478 like this.
  8. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

The orange jungle theme it had was quite amazing.

GirlFighter478 and hcneyy like this.
  9. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

I can see how it still has some charms, but.. somethings off, you know? I'm not quite sure how to explain, but this is what I ment with "pulling on a heavily injured horse". Thanks for the reply though.

GirlFighter478 and hcneyy like this.
  10. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

Honestly I found the water portal hub the most fitting as everyone had their own little spot regarding their roles in the server. Roleplayers, etc. Even if roleplayers were kind of weird, they were part of the family. I really miss that broad theme.

11. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

Well I used to play in 2017, I have kept contact with my friends since then, but it really just felt like another home where I could meet new people and feel safe, I'm really just trying to get that safe place back. I'm not only speaking for myself, but also for some others.

12. Showyanemone418

Showyanemone418 Notable Member

Same, and I strongly agree with you. Although some players left, things have heavily changed but they didn't leave because it got boring. They left because they got really busy In they're lives, some left because of the xbox update, and others grew out of playing. Sure I miss my old friends a lot, but it allowed me to make new ones c: So hopefully sometime in your life, you can make new ones. Just know that your old friends will still be in contact with you even if its not the same :two_hearts:no hate is in this i swear qwq i was just agreeing

13. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

I
    I have my friends with me, I understand your kindness but I think you misunderstood my context a little (I don't blame you, I'm not the best feelings into words typer. This post was ment unpersonal, but my friend group have all left because of how it had changed. I believe that it can become great again, you know? Thank you, though.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  14. Showyanemone418

Showyanemone418 Notable Member

Yes, I understand c: and agree with what your trying to say hope all goes well with your plan for the staff team and gab <33 you're welcome

15. hcneyy

hcneyy Notable Member

I love this thread so much! thank you for having your time to type this out. and I can't relate to all of this- since I joined brlns back in the 2019 but I do agree that the brlns community have changed a lot! I miss all of my friends who's no longer on the server :') I miss doing a roleplay with them at the block party lobby or sometimes at hub. and I miss them all so much but today's brlns community has change. (I'm not hating or complaining this is just my thoughts)

16. EnderCraft273

EnderCraft273 Notable Member

Hmph yeah alright but what's about with the console players?

17. gaaaww

gaaaww New Member

I mean.. still including them. Just starting over qua lobby map, and original other game maps as well as other extras that were the only ones at the time.

18. ~~Kxmmy_~~

~~Kxmmy_~~ Notable Member

Me who joined brlns around 2019 and didn’t read any of the paragraph: umm- hey man want a banana?

hcneyy and GirlFighter478 like this.
  19. SheriffGG

SheriffGG Notable Member

Woah thats a lot of words but you still inspire me i realy love bl and this thread makes me cry

20. Zachh_

Zachh_ Notable Member

I love the thread to make ppl alive at 2020 now this year is dead

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Rubyyy_
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.