Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by Quieen, Aug 6, 2019.
Yeah that Mansion map in Hide and Seek seriously needs to be replaced. This is a wonderful replacement for it! Ally added A LOT of reasons (that's ok) so I don't really have anything to say. However, the fence could be spruced up with more modern blocks IMO.
the mansion in HS is way better than this- but I appreciate it. and i will definitely get to the fence, do you have any block suggestions for the fence? like particular ones that would look good cause i don’t have any clue
I always love a smooth sandstone block. You could do stripped wood for the fence post and smooth sandstone for the middle of the posts. Maybe between the smooth sandstone add like fenceposts. Hedges are wonderful too.
(also I like this better than the mansion map because this looks much more professional xD)
hmm its kinda hard to explain what i mean by the chatau-style roof u could try to google it and see if u like it
Now for the fence i have no idea whtsoever.I do agree for not quartz as it would be too much but yea.I could try to show u how i imagine the roof but i would need the map file.It kinda like a trapezoid shape.And lasttly i higly suggest getting world edit as it makes building 10x faster
Lol those are hard xD
isn't stripped wood in like the new update that brokenlens doesn't support yet or something like that? but I will most likely do that with the sand and stuff cause I have no other ideas and that's a good one lol
hmm, map file? Would that mean I have to download the world cause I don't think I can do that on PE. And idk how to get world edit on a world, I'm not that good with commands xD I know how to do it on my server but I already built it on a world.
Well actually, it has been added
oh, good. I might use that then if I can make it look good.
Okay- so I was half asleep when I looked at this map.
1. Yes I meant a quartz pattern in the big diorite expanse between entrance and fountain. Walkways are fine.
2&8. Another layer out was what I meant- like I said I had just woken up. I am not sure if the roof is stepped in (inset) or lined up exactly with the walls if that makes sense.
3. I agree that you should submit as HS.
4. The walls I had noticed were white in library and the walls in the workout room. Now that I look again you could do stripes or leave the library plain white. I see the exercise room has an accent wall so leave it I guess.
5. If you can't put carpet over it and make a table I think u might want to scrap it. There is a way to get them the way you want with world exit but if you are doing it all by hand.......
6. The stairs in my opinion would look better in quartz. The more I look at them the harder time I am having with them. I see the effect you were trying to get with them. See how they look all quartz if they look odd maybe try having steps up then a landing turn 90° and do the rest of the stairs up.
(I always reference real builds when I'm having problems on a build)
8. Mentioned with #2
9. Fountain/Trees I'm not going to go back and read what someone said b/c this is taking me forever. I think the leaves on the trees look good but the trunks are hella thicc. Try slimming down the trunks on inside and outside trees. Usually irl trees that are that thick would be 3x as tall. My personal preference is to cover all "raw" wood with same colored (wooden plank) slabs or stairs. For the fountains you could either switch it to two fountains one on either side of the garden or make it 4 blocks in the middle.
10. Again roof being darker wasn't my comment but to comment on that- you could try a small section with dark nether bricks or dark prismarine maybe? If it doesn't look good leave it stone. Here is the closest mansion I could find to yours- they have two fountains and roof darker.
11. Fencing- again not my critique but here is my opinion.
Try making it fancy by making bars two high and using quartz pillars and a quartz slab on top of the pillar to separate the sections.
Like this but replace the sandstone with quartz pillars.
I hope this helps! Happy building!
this helps so much, thank you. some of the smaller things like striped walls I can get to in the next week or so, but the rest could take about a month. the only thing is the restone torches, which I am doing it by hand so I can just scrap the iron trapdoors or make them both regular doors like I did on the other side of the table, it just felt more like an office as opposed to a dining table when one chair was taller and the rest shorter. I'll probably change the exercise room's walls as well to make it look better. thank you!!
You're welcome! Glad to help
What do you think? @Quieen
Uhhmm the roof looks really weird, I kind want to add some details or add a overhang on it, I agree with ally for having such overuse use of certain blocks. Add texture. And also I kinda want to suggest to make height in the fields. And also add textures to the fields, like grass mixed with green concrete powder, or green concrete and green terracotta in stripes for the ground. It looks really large tho. I kinda like it. Nice job
How to get night vision without bubbles:
(Make sure commands are on)
/effect @p night_vision 9999 1 true
Separate names with a comma.