1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Quartz Estate

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by Quieen, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

Map name; Quartz Estate
    Built by; aye_itz_quieen / Quiieen
    Map type; MM most likely, but I also have hiding spots for HS blocks in case this map suits that game better :)

A few notes;
    -I apologize in advance for the bubbles from the night vision potion in the pictures and the video. I wasn’t sure how to rid of the bubbles while still having night vision.
    -If the video seems rather rushed, I apologize. Last time I made it too long (22 minutes) and it wasn’t able to upload.
    -I wasn’t sure whether the map was big enough itself without the garden so it can be used for hiding if needed, but it also can just be for decoration.
    -There are over 30+ hiding spots (most not shown in the video due to time) and some tunnels.

Any feedback or constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Swimming pool:
    C662FF97-4AAA-47BC-BD7D-9A7C21430790.png Library/Living room:
    197EB386-E50E-4F93-B086-B068B399C508.png
    Master bedroom/bathroom:
    7CD9F0E7-BA59-437A-A484-04ECA7F001F7.png
    Bedroom/Kids bathroom: (I tried to make a duck bath mat lol)
    86A305CA-11BA-47E4-9B24-695E853842AE.png
    Movie theatre/bedroom:
    A4F02F5E-F577-459D-BFB5-60A4316727B0.png
    Office/Enchanting room:
    5B7F9DA6-9155-4CE3-93F2-BA203AF4717D.png
    Garden/Workout room:
    6133799A-19B0-47E9-9EB4-C91730E4DBDC.png
    Entrance with tree:
    5BF41411-FA22-4698-A346-3730344D9BA9.png
    Exterior with garden:
    0BCFAB87-DDD9-4FB1-AB9C-1DA286BD172A.png
    Walkthrough video:
    https://streamable.com/yatwr

Attached Files:

2. Pufflin

Pufflin *・༓☾Magic Staff☽༓・* Global Moderator

Oooh pretty :>

I think if you add ‘true’ to the end of the night vision command it’ll get rid of the bubbles.... like /effect @s nightvision 1000 1000 true

Eyow189, SirBenjys, AllyMac_ and 3 others like this.
  3. wishing

wishing Notable Member Emerald Member

This is good! It’s big and has wide spaces, maybe add more texture to the walls. :thumbsup:

4. SOmEonE ranDoM

SOmEonE ranDoM Notable Member

5. Bearrel

Bearrel Notable Member Emerald Member

Looks really good!

6. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

thank you so much- i’ll remember that for next time

7. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

thank you—and i wasn’t definitely thinking something along the lines of more wall texture but i didn’t know what to add without making it too much so i didn’t add anything.

8. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

thank you :)

9. wishing

The details like beds and fire place is nice though. It suits Mm

10. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

i’m glad to hear that i was worried it was weird and wrong xD

11. _Ian2Chill

_Ian2Chill BrokenLens Builder Builder

That’s a huge map you got there :eek:

12. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

shiz and i mean to say i WAS definitely thinking something along the lines of wall texture oops.

13. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

i hope that’s a good thing? :sorry:

Eyow189, _HamTastic_ and AllyMac_ like this.
  14. wishing

It’s all good! Hopefully staff add this, I really like it

Eyow189, satirical and AllyMac_ like this.
  15. _Ian2Chill

_Ian2Chill BrokenLens Builder Builder

imo I think it’s fine

Eyow189, xAlsieee, AllyMac_ and 2 others like this.
  16. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

thank you! i’m always hopeful.

17. AllyMac_

AllyMac_ ❤️Buildteam Captain❤️ Build Team Captain Builder

It looks good. On the outside there is a little too much polished diorite maybe add something else as a pattern here and there? Quartz maybe. Don't overdo it just enough to break up the huge expanse of diorite. There is something about the roof that bothers me but I can't put it into words easily. Usually roofs overhang the building so rain or whatever rolls off. I feel like your roof is maybe one block too small. Like it needs one more layer if that makes sense. If it is going to be an MM submission I would get rid of the HS blocks. They would just look out of place. I almost think it would be a better HS submission though - mostly because there are so many MM maps. The walls inside could definitely use something. Maybe vertical stripes in some rooms? Like it's wallpaper. What is the Redstone torch and Redstone thingy in the library? Does it open a hidden passage of something? If it has to stay I suggest trying to find a way to hide it. Maybe make a table over it with carpet as the tabletop? I don't know. I'm so sorry I'm being so critical......the entrance I really don't like the diamond shape the stairs make with the dark oak and quartz. Maybe change the dark oak to quartz as well so the shape isn't the thing that pops out. I also don't love the purple and yellow above that but that's just a personal dislike of those two colors together and I don't think they match the surrounding build. I really like your attention to detail in the rooms. Good job. The gardens outside are beautiful. The structure itself is great. Take a close-up of the roof edge for me if I'm wrong about it being inset. It looks like a fun map to play in. Don't be discouraged by my critiques please because overall I think it's a very good map- these are just some things I think would enhance an already good build.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Eyow189, Pufflin, Quieen and 3 others like this.
  18. NeBuLa

NeBuLa Member

ally said most of the things but yea the outside needs some texturing.The fountain and the trees could have a better shape to them( i would suggest maybe replace them with some custom pine trees)and i think the fence design u made doesent go well with the rest of the build(looks kinda like a jail ngl).Also for the roof i would go for a more chateau style to it using a dark colored block to create strong contrast.Also this might be more of personal taste but i think all kind of checker designs u got there look kinda not that great

Eyow189 and Quieen like this.
  19. Quieen

Quieen Notable Member

okay so i made a list of the things i need to change from what you and @NeBuLa said. so if i got it all right hopefully this is it-- (sorry i will ask a lot of questions xd)

1. add more quartz to the outside so the diorite has a pattern, do you mean on the sidewalk thingy/the flooring near the entrance?

2. roof needs one more layer (another layer higher or another layer like out so its wider and the roof comes over the build?

3. get rid of HS blocks if it's going to be a MM submission, but honestly, at this point, I'm probably going to have it as a HS submission because there are so many MM maps being submitted mine would just get pushed to the bottom. not saying it wouldn't for HS, I just think I have a better chance there.

4. vertical stripes in some rooms for walls, like wallpaper. Do you mean the downstairs rooms need wallpaper? Because I have every room upstairs with different walls & flooring, but only one has stripes so I can change that if it would look better for them all to.

5. Change the Redstone torch thingy in office, maybe cover it up with something. Yeah, I apologize for that & I don't really want it there it's just the only way that the iron trapdoors would stay up on the chairs :notworthy: I can change the trapdoor type, but it might not look as good, or I can try to cover it up but I'm not sure how well I will do with that without making a mess.

6. Change the dark oak in the stairs to quartz. I can do that, I just thought that was going to look weird and too much of one color so I didn't have it all quartz. But, you know better than I when it comes to these things.

7. Take purple and yellow banners out, which I totally agree with. It was a weird 1am thing. I didn't know what to put there so I went with a bad option.

8. You said something about insetting the roof? I'm not really sure what that means, but I'm totally open to learning!

9. Fountain and trees need more shape.

-The fountain I agree with. All fountain designs I know have one block in the center and things building off of it, but my fountain is shaped so it has to have two blocks in the center or be uneven. That's just the way the house & garden are shaped. I'm not sure if I want to move everything over one block for a fountain, though I can try to find new fountain designs as I have been unsuccessful so far finding one for two-block centers.

-I thought the trees looked okay. I spent a long time on those to make sure they looked original and not just planted. I can always change them, of course, it just might take a while to get to them. What about the trees need more shape so I don't have to destroy and rebuild them all, like the leaves maybe?

10. The roof needs a more chateau-style (dark-colored blocks) but I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Like which dark blocks, and would you like the whole roof to be replaced or just certain blocks like a pattern? (I think the roof took longer than the house so this might also take a while but I can get it done, I think.)

11. Fencing looks like a jail, how do you suggest fixing it? I agree it isn't the best fence, but I didn't want to just do quartz because I thought I had too much of it already.

Truly, I appreciate the feedback on all of these things. I will fix them as soon as possible, though, it might be late August-into September as I work alone and have school + cross country now.
    Thank you :)

Eyow189, AllyMac_ and _Ian2Chill like this.
  20. satirical

satirical Notable Member

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.