1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

One In The Chamber ~ Spawn Protection

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by SplashingPaint836, Feb 17, 2021.

Should this be added?

1. Yes x 9999999

2. No x 6666666

3. Maybe...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

Whenever you die you get spawn protection which lasts for a bit more than you’d expect. This can be unfair if you or another person spawned next to someone since you or the other player can just bulldoze or shoot them without you getting hurt because of that spawn protection. I’d recommend that you can’t deal any damage towards another player as long as that spawn protection you have disappears. For this to work with bows, your items will be removed until your protection is gone.

Edit: Removed spawn in unpopulated areas
    Items are removed from inventory until spawn protection is gone

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  2. _xFury_

_xFury_ Notable Member Emerald Member

I agree with your suggestion.

Personally, I also dislike it when someone, who just respawned, appears near me and hits me. I find it unfair because I couldn't hit them while they can hit me.

So I think it's right if the players respawn far from the others.

However, what if the player with spawn protection use their bow or their compass to hit the other players even though they are far away? It wouldn't matter, since they will just shoot or teleport to attack the other players.

It is just my opinion though. Feel free to correct me if I said something wrong or you don't disagree on what I think.

Overall, it is a really good idea. I hope it gets considered and gets added to the server. It is really helpful and can reduce the inequality between the two sets of players mentioned above. Good job! I am looking forward to see this feature soon in the near future!

3. SplashingPaint836

Then it would be best you spawn with nothing and then get your items back when your spawn protection disappears.

Dz81, _xFury_ and Nissan_Rated like this.
  4. _xFury_

_xFury_ Notable Member Emerald Member

Indeed. That's also a great idea! I agree with it! That would totally solve the problem. Nice one!

Dz81 and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  5. hotstuff2k19

hotstuff2k19 Active Member Emerald Member

it was there because people used to get mad of spawn killing? i forgot what it was referred to as but yeh. there's nothing vertx can do to satisfy everyone and i'm perfectly fine with the protection.

SplashingPaint836, Dz81 and _xFury_ like this.
  6. DarkTdmPlays

DarkTdmPlays 〖 Brokenlens Staff 〗 Sectional Moderator

It might be a good addition, but it would need to be incredibly short. Part of the fun in oitc is the chaos.

_xFury_, SplashingPaint836 and Dz81 like this.
  7. vDxzy

vDxzy Active Member Emerald Member

yess agreed!

I cant tell you how many times i've been killed because a person had spawn prot and all I could do was run <('o'<)

I think the whole, spawning in a less crowded area thing, would be a bit more complicated, so I think we should just have a much shorter respawn prot time. Maybe 2 seconds so you have enough time to run but won't have time to just kill someone without spawn prot as easily. Same goes the opposite way; you wont get immediately spawn killed!

_xFury_, Dz81 and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  8. SplashingPaint836

The protection isn’t removed just you doing damage while you have it is removed.
    I agree.
    :thumbsup:

vDxzy, _xFury_ and Dz81 like this.
  9. ShIpZ__

ShIpZ__ Notable Member

I agree maybe when the player spawns and doesn't move that will give them 6 seconds spawn protection although if the player moves quite quickly then the protection is gone.

SplashingPaint836, Dz81 and _xFury_ like this.
  10. SplashingPaint836

Sounds interesting but you’ll have less time to find a safe spot and probably get shot at or sliced afterwards.

Dz81 likes this.
  11. velx

velx Notable Member Emerald Member

#oitc1luv ❤️

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.