1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

New way to stop bypassers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by MarvelB0i, Jun 11, 2020.

Yes or no?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Something similar to this

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

So I have spent some time thinking about how we could stop people from being able to bypass, while not restricting players very much from being able to join on the server.
    Most people suggest a VPN blocker to stop them, but many players (mainly older players and forums users) often use VPN to get onto the server, which will cause players to be unable to log on.
    My solution is similar, but won't be as restrictive on players and will primarally only restrict hackers. The solution is, when a new player logs onto the server, without a broken lens account, or with an account under level 10, the server will kick them (not ban) if they are using VPN. The message will inform the player to not use VPN at lower levels on the server, and that these kicks are done to stop bypassers so that new players to the server are aware, and can do some things to be able to play.

Pros:
    -Bypassing will basically stop entirely after a month of so after implementation.
    -Hackers will actually learn their lesson and be forced to face their consequences.
    Cons:
    New players cannot use VPN until they level up to level 10 or so. (Although if this is added, with a message about being unable to use VPN at low levels, they can stop using VPN and then start playing and activate it later)
    Hackers if knowing this will be implemented can make a bunch of accounts before this goes into play (this can be solved by keeping this a secret and implementing it on secret)
    The pros of this will massively improve the server and completely outweigh the cons. Hopefully something like this is added :D
    @vertx
    Edit: Meanwhile there are many ways to stop bypassers they aren’t efficient enough to stop the plague of them attacking the server.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Sphynxx, NINJAMARIO, BopI and 4 others like this.
  2. _PineappleDeath_

_PineappleDeath_ ⊰ BrokenLens Staff ⊱ Staff Member Admin

You know we have LOTS of different ways to stop bypassers and most vpns are already blocked right.. ˎ₍•ʚ•₎ˏ

Selp, NINJAMARIO, BopI and 4 others like this.
  3. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I know! I just feel like this idea would be more efficient due to this basically stopping bypassers for good. Bypassers still begin to keep coming back still which causes huge problems, especially in games like TNT run, MM, MW and other games. :D

4. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

Maddie said before Vertx can do a sPeCiAl ban on them to prevent them from bypassing.

NINJAMARIO and BopI like this.
  5. BopI

BopI Notable Member Emerald Member

I don’t wanna sound like a noob but what is a vpn

SplashingPaint836 and NINJAMARIO like this.
  6. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Maybe staff should be allowed to do that then as well, and if it requires going into code to do so then they could send Vertx a list of player names that that ban can happen to. IDK an idea
    Plus bypassers are plaguing the server there needs to be more efficiency in stopping them.

7. xDqrkxTxm_

xDqrkxTxm_ Notable Member

they already did, but aleks was still able to bypass lol

SplashingPaint836 likes this.
  8. Such

Such Muted

9. Such

Such Muted

thats hella lot of unnecessary coding for a minecraft community server to do

10. _PineappleDeath_

_PineappleDeath_ ⊰ BrokenLens Staff ⊱ Staff Member Admin

11. Such

Such Muted

Screenshot_2020-06-12-06-26-01-167_com.mojang.minecraftpe.jpg Screenshot_2020-06-12-06-27-06-604_com.mojang.minecraftpe.jpg
    haha nice joke im currently wheezing right now

12. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

rip :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.