1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

New rules announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by _PineappleDeath_, Jul 29, 2020.

1. _PineappleDeath_

_PineappleDeath_ ⊰ BrokenLens Staff ⊱ Staff Member Admin

Hi everyone! We hope everyone is doing well within these crazy times! :laugh: over the past few days the BrokenLens staff team has been working together to create 6 new rules to make everyone’s gameplay much more fair.

• Excessive Mutes > 5 day ban > 7+ mutes all within a year
    • Inappropriate skin > 2 day ban > skins containing inappropriate images, logos, body parts or anything else a staff member feels is inappropriate.
    • Inappropriate crew > 5 day ban > founder is temporarily banned
    • Kill / win farming > 2 day ban > farming wins or kills (etc) in specific games
    • Cussing / spam in pvt > general muting rules apply
    • Targeting in splatter > 1 day ban > killing the same specific person 5+ times in a row.
    once we have everything situated we’ll go into more detail and post threads on the two rules that could potentially be more confusing, like how to report inappropriate crews and people farming wins & kills. For the time being we’ll have a brief explanation here :)

Inappropriate crews > whenever wanting to report an inappropriate crew you MUST see the crew in game. Example: upload_2020-7-30_0-15-45.jpeg
    you are not allowed to search up whichever crew using the Brlns app. You have to see someone who happens to be in an inappropriate crew win a game, it doesn’t matter if it’s a member or not, as long as the crew is being publicly shown to the server we will temporarily ban the founder. Until we have a more convenient way to delete inappropriate crews this is the only action we will be taking, you are not allowed to report the same inappropriate crew more than once. With this rule we hope to limit the amount of inappropriate crews constantly created and punish the users who’ve created bad ones already.

Farming wins / kills > once we decide on which games you aren’t allowed to farm in, those will be publicized but until then you overall shouldn’t farm on ANY games. For the time being you should consider it a global rule. We will not be accepting screenshots for these types of reports, we will only be accepting video evidence of farming kills or wins. Regardless of how the farming is being done, it doesn’t matter if it’s on an alt account of your own, your friends, or even random people, if you’re farming anything at all you will be temporarily banned. These reports will be handled carefully and logically, if the staff member doesn’t feel it’s enough evidence the users involved will not be banned. If possible we’d want video proof of multiple games however if one video is deemed enough proof that will be decided upon the staff team.

Excessive mutes > we’ve dealt with many players who’ve been muted far too many times for extremely rude behavior and we hope to limit the amount of mutes with this rule, we hope everyone is aware of the 4+ bans within 3 months because with all these new rules you will easily be permanently banned if you do not follow ALL the rules correctly. Mutes from years ago will not count, all the mutes (regardless of whatever they’re for, spam, cussing, rudeness, etc) if you reach 7+ overall mutes you’ll receive a 5 day ban.

we’ve also decided to start muting people for things in pvt, wherever it’s spam or cussing the general muting rules now apply to Private messages. Whenever you’re reporting someone in pvt these screenshots MUST be new and not ones from ages ago, if anyone is caught falsely reporting users or using old screenshots the reporter will be temporarily banned for false reporting.

Targeting - Splatter > Whenever reporting players for targeting in splatter, we are only accepting video evidence that is not cropped, cut or edited. we need full video proof of the player specifically splatting you 5+ times in a row without going for anyone else. While we’re still working out the details and how exactly we’re gonna go about it, whenever we receive videos of targeting it’ll be discussed between the staff and decided upon as a team.

we ask everyone to follow these rules accordingly and report anyone seen breaking them along with all our other rules. Sincerely, The BrokenLens Staff Team.

2. ProgZ

ProgZ Notable Member

If you wanna know who he is i dm u

SplashingPaint836 likes this.
  3. deleted_user_2783

deleted_user_2783 Notable Member

dm me on dc who is him

4. JunoMakuch

JunoMakuch Notable Member Emerald Member

Can someone explain to me how one does win/ kill farming? Also leaders of the crew should also be banned, not 5 days but 2 days for being a leader of an inappropriate crew.

5. _PineappleDeath_

It’s been explained in previous messages, you should read those and if you still have any confusion I can explain more. Creators can make anybody a leader so it would be way too easy to get anybody banned, for now it’s only the creator until we have a more convenient way to deal with inappropriate crews.

Dz81, Pufflin, Strel and 2 others like this.
  6. JunoMakuch

Yep just saw how you explained it. Thanks, I thought you meant if we won over and over again from just our skill.

7. Justin Koester

Justin Koester Active Member

I like the bans of people with inappropriate crew, symbols, and inappropriate thing on there skin *shakes*

ChrxmeCz and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  8. Blazinqq

Blazinqq Active Member Emerald Member

I thought u meant by "farm killing" and "win killing" staying in the same game forever and getting tons of wins and kills xd

SplashingPaint836 and ChrxmeCz like this.
  9. Justin Koester

Justin Koester Active Member

I saw someone do that before

SplashingPaint836 and ChrxmeCz like this.
  10. unusualromance

unusualromance Member Emerald Member

aghhhh thank u for the pvt rule!!!

11. _PineappleDeath_

Hellow doods and dudettes! This is just a short little unnoticeable announcement since it’s not a huge deal, but the other staff and I wanted to all inform you that targeting is now bannable in Splatter which is more explained in the thread itself. We’ll hopefully be adding it to the rule book asap just to make everybody a little more aware as well :p

if anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to ask! We hope you’re all doing well (ノ^∇^)

Dz81, lucas1901, AllyMac_ and 13 others like this.
  12. Shive

Shive Notable Member Emerald Member

thank you cuz this was happening to me the other day and i was not putting up with that

Dz81, ChrxmeCz, Yuxxa and 2 others like this.
  13. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

This is great but how do we tell someone is targeting us or if they are just a killer? :thinking-face:

Shive and Yuxxa like this.
  14. _PineappleDeath_

I’m pretty sure you’ll know when you’re being targeted or not :p....

Dz81, ChrxmeCz, Yuxxa and 1 other person like this.
  15. Shive

Shive Notable Member Emerald Member

not a lot of people on there are killers, because ppl get so butthurt when people kill them once like chill...
    so like at some point the splatter community just adopted this rule to not kill anyone, and if u do, say sorry lol
    (the whole "dont kill me" thing in splatter is ridiculous, like its part of the game)

Dz81, SplashingPaint836 and Yuxxa like this.
  16. JunoMakuch

And how many times do you have to be killed for it to be considered targeting? Or is it only if you record it?

17. _PineappleDeath_

What do you mean? Like how many times until you feel like you’re being targeted or how many times until you record it or... am I confused for no reason :thinking-face:

Dz81, SplashingPaint836 and Yuxxa like this.
  18. JunoMakuch

In oitc it’s 5 kills which is considered targeting, right? So for splatter how are you going to get proof of targeting, does a player have to get splattered a certain amount of times or?

19. _PineappleDeath_

upload_2020-9-20_15-48-12.png

20. JunoMakuch

21. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

ChrxmeCz and Dz81 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.