New Gamemode: SkyFlag

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by LightningFire96, Jan 12, 2019.

1. LightningFire96

LightningFire96 Notable Member Gold Member

Introduction

Many years ago, there was an old Java server (that I can't name for obvious reasons) that I played on that had a really fun game called SkyFlag. I figured I might as well see whether you guys like the idea.

Basic Map Design

SkyFlag is essentially a mix of SkyWars and Capture The Flag. There are two spawn islands (SkyFlag is usually played with two teams, Red and Blue), a small island a few blocks in front of each of the spawn islands with trees or other materials that can be used to build bridges to the (typically large) central island or the small side islands (the small side islands could have pre-built bridges to them too). Now, I think a visual of how a SkyFlag map looks would help, so here are some screenshots of a basic SkyFlag map I made. Obviously, the BrokenLens build team or anyone else who wants to help and build a map could easily make a better looking and more detailed one.
    Screenshot_20190111-214451_BlockLauncher Pro.jpg
    This is a screenshot from behind the spawn island of the red team. As you can see, there is a flag (like Capture The Flag) off to the left, and an island with a chest off to the right. You can see my (rather ugly) central island and two small islands on the blue side in the distance. The grass island directly in front of the spawn island would have trees or a different material that can be used to build to the central island and the other team's side.

Game Rules/Gameplay

The game is played like Capture The Flag. To win, you need to grab the other team's flag and bring it back to your team's spawn island. I would suggest anywhere between 1-3 flag captures to win, depending on how well people can play it on mobile/Win10. Keep in mind, I've only played this on Java edition, so certain things could work differently on mobile, and there's a chance it could not really work at all.

Back to the rules/gameplay, you respawn an infinite number of times back at your team's spawn after dying (you most likely fall off and die, but at the central or spawn islands a real PvP battle could occur).

As for people getting weapons, armor, or food without a kit, there could be chests at the spawn island (sort of like Hunger/Survival Games) and/or at the small side island without the flag.

To get the flag, people can build bridges (like SkyWars) with the materials they get from the island directly in front of the spawn island or chests.

Something unique that I suggest is implemented to discourage flag or spawn camping (or camping in general) is a system that damages someone who stays on the same island for too long and continues damaging them (1 heart a second?) until they leave the island. I'm not sure if that's even possible, or a good idea, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there because SkyFlag is supposed to be a fun, fast-paced game.

Game Kits

Probably the same or similar kits as SkyWars, but here are a few changes I would suggest.

Archer Kit - Only get 1 or 2 arrows (kind of like OITC) due to respawning after you die.

Builder Kit (does this already exist? It might lol but this would probably change it) - Always respawn with 64 cobblestone and dirt blocks to build bridges, also gets a full set of chain armor and a stone sword (similar to Buster Kit)

Conclusion

I hope this was clear and understandable. Feel free to ask any questions you have, make suggestions/improvements and point out any errors I made.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. FuzionWeel1234YT

FuzionWeel1234YT Notable Member

sorry i dont agree in this game. this game is not ejoynable at first this make the game boring:confused:

3. LightningFire96

Do you like Bed Wars?

LightningFire97 likes this.
  4. FuzionWeel1234YT

ye really i do but my favorite gamemode in brlns to add is the bridge or sumo

5. LightningFire96

I probably didn't explain it well enough but SkyFlag is far more exciting than boring Bed Wars .-.
    What are bridge and sumo?

6. Benjysfrstbrave

Benjysfrstbrave Notable Member

I like the idea, :) Idk if it should be the 'next game' they come out with, but it looks really fun.

7. LightningFire96

Thanks!

8. FuzionWeel1234YT

the bridge is game in [Removed] that really fun 2 island red and blue but its not fair to your and other cuz it mcwin10 game .-.

LightningFire96 likes this.
  9. LightningFire96

Ah okay
    From that description it sounds kind of similar. I got the idea of Sky Flag from a PC server too, I'm just hoping it could be adapted in some way.

10. Sadcasm

Sadcasm Active Member

not enjoyable? u haven't tried it yet dumkid.

11. LightningFire96

Thanks for thinking it's fun xD
    But he hasn't done anything wrong either so don't insult him. He just shared his opinion.

12. Sadcasm

Sadcasm Active Member

those minigames, the bridge? a sumo? how df would that be interesting, your suggestions are worst than him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
  13. LightningFire96

Chill dude lol

14. LucasTheDutchAD

LucasTheDutchAD Notable Member Emerald Member

^^

15. Anmo

Anmo Notable Member

I always loved Capture the Flag games because its always a heated battle of attacking and defending. Defending the flag by setting up traps, staying near the base, and capturing through skillful planning, navigation, or just brute force.

I think some other islands would allow for a choice between the main path or taking a different route, or just exploring. Maybe in those other small islands would be small rewards to help in battle like a stronger weapon, explosives, or a temporary perk that can be activated.

I think this should be added, if they can make a functional flag that doesn't represent a block (unless they have no other option but that).

16. EnderCraft273

EnderCraft273 Notable Member

~.^^.~

Great Suggestion! :D

This Game is very similliar to BedWars. :)

But, i think you should add more detail to that game, just make it not very similliar to BedWars and make it more enjoyable. :D

~I Hope You Got A Wonderful Day!~ :D

17. JeloYunul787

JeloYunul787 Notable Member

SkyflagFTW this is 100% a great idea no homo

18. XenohBoi

XenohBoi Notable Member

I don't play pvp, but if this added i'd play it.

19. FuzionWeel1234YT

Hey stop Bullying meh. Are you just join forums to Bully me whatever!!!?

20. EVILBANANA12345

EVILBANANA12345 Notable Member

So it's capture the flag on highpickle