1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

New Game Announcement!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by vertx, Aug 14, 2020.

1. vertx

vertx Founder / Developer Staff Member BrokenLens Owner

Hello All! :D

SOOooooo this surely took a while but here am I to reveal our newest game!

KrAzYKarts

kk.PNG

You may have already heard this name around BrokenLens before but what you may not have heard is what this game is about! :D

KrAzYKarts is a fast-paced and KrAzY kart racing game, where 12 racers with KrAzY karts will compete to cross the finish line first! the better your position, the more EXP, Coins and KrAzY Points you earn! did I say KrAzY enough yet? :p

Along the way, you can collect power-ups and apples that will help you get rid of those other pesky racers! just blow them all up! make them slip on banana peels, or better yet, just ZoOm past everybody using boosts! the purpose of the apples are very simple, when you collect 10 of them they make your power-ups MOAH POWarful! but beware! it's pretty easy to lose your apples!

Currently the game has 9 types of absolutely krazy karts (plus many colors for some of them!) for you to choose from, want to race on a beanbag chair? a toilet? maybe a xylophone for whatever reason? we got you covered! you can buy these special karts using your in-game earned KrAzY Points at the lobby or waiting lobby! (Check the green and orange dyes!) and more karts will be added down the line!

This is a bedrock-only game for now, and we admit - we did go a tad bit overboard with sound effects and particles in this game! so if you run into any issues with those, you have the Cyan Dye at the waiting room, and Light Blue Dye at the lobby where you can turn off some settings until the game plays smoother for you.

If you have problems with the camera movement being a little awkward, try modifying the steering options to Camera Only.

Also don't forget to play it with the 3rd person view camera, and enable "FOV Can be altered by gameplay" in Minecraft settings!

The game beta is releasing with 13 maps made by our amazing build team and staff members, and for the lobbies we decided to do a bit of a throwback for those who were around a couple years ago! (thank @AllyMac_ for the idea! :D )
    Check out the list of maps below:

KK Lobby by @AllyMac_
    [​IMG]

KK Waiting Room by @AllyMac_
    [​IMG]

Galaxy City by @_Ian2Chill
    [​IMG]

Reef Racers by @AllyMac_
    [​IMG]

Hanamura by @FloofehGuinea
    [​IMG]

Haunted Graveyard by @lucas1901, @SlayCC
    [​IMG]

Mount Olympus by @_Ian2Chill
    [​IMG]

Oriental by @lattes
    [​IMG]

Western by @SlayCC
    [​IMG]

Santa's Workshop by @SlayCC
    [​IMG]

Mountains by @ZozieXo
    [​IMG]

Sugar Rush by @_PineappleDeath_, @AllyMac_
    [​IMG]

Sky Temple by @DARKTDM775
    [​IMG]

Dragons by @Diavent, @AllyMac_
    [​IMG]

Enchanted Valley by @AllyMac_, @Alienn_, @dhaysie
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully you enjoy the game! also expect various updates to it during the beta stage, including the addition of many achievements! :D

Now you might be asking yourself "hey but this game was teased like a thousand years ago! why in the world did it take this long to release?" well the answer is complicated, aside from the fast pace in which Minecraft updates (which introduces all sorts of issues to the entire network every time requiring us to shift attention), various tools had to be built from the ground up to support the game, and our vision for this game morphed quite a bit along the way, we scrapped many good ideas (which took a long time to develop) because at some point we hit a snag, be it a Minecraft limitation or bug (Minecraft isn't prepared for racing games!) or just because developing it further would delay the game even more. some of these ideas may come back in a future update though so stay tuned!

On a better note, now that we've developed the tools we needed and got the limitations figured out, we can streamline the process of creating similarly ambitious new games and they shouldn't take as long anymore. We also managed to make this gamemode compatible with almost every Bedrock version we support! so if you are running 1.2.13 and up you can enjoy the new game without updating nor downloading any behavior/resource packs! although you obviously should update to enjoy the full experience.

But returning to the topic of "Minecraft isn't prepared for racing games", Without going too technical - due to this being a vanilla-oriented game, one of the major limitations we still face is centered around player inputs. Unfortunately high latency/ping will affect your gameplay severely, for now we recommend playing this game over an Wi-Fi connection, as close as possible from your router/access point.
    This issue should be mostly mitigated when we launch servers in regions other than North America, which is gonna happen soon!

And that's it for now! don't forget to also check our SHIPLOAD of new maps that just came out! :D
    https://www.brlns.net/forums/threads/shipload-of-100-new-maps.123276/

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. lucas1901

lucas1901 ≼ B.T Co-Leader / Trial ≽ Build Team CoCaptain Server Staff

Someone probably ate the cake lol

Flikxtah05, Eyow189, Reco_ and 3 others like this.
  3. AllyMac_

AllyMac_ ❤️ Officially Retired ❤ Emerald Member

Maybe it was but I don't remember it- I have a pic somewhere in the archives with me up there- if I ever find it I'll check :D

4. contingencyy

contingencyy Notable Member Emerald Member

There used to be cake
    B72C1BF5-0DB2-412F-B9E4-0CD30890F835.png

5. humblespace5534

humblespace5534 Member

There was cake when I finished the parkour, I guess people are eating it before other people can.

6. Ayni_ghoul

Ayni_ghoul New Member

tnxxxxxxx it was very helpfull:))

7. AllyMac_

AllyMac_ ❤️ Officially Retired ❤ Emerald Member

Yayyy!! I feel like many people tried the game and thought it was laggy and never messed with the settings- I hope more people try that and give it another chance b/c the game is sooooo much fun- I told Vertx he'll never see another map from me and he'll need a new BuildTeam Captain b/c I'm addicted :D

8. Sensei_Amir

Sensei_Amir New Member

This game is already beta pls fixing krazykurts bugs ty for new game :)

9. Reco_

Reco_ Notable Member Emerald Member

so somewhere around the post i saw that you will be adding regions other then North America which is good , but im curious , are u guys sure that you're not on Brazil servers? cuz when im on BrokenLens i get around 75-90 ping and i average around 40-50 ping on diffrent servers and diffrent games like Fortnite , i went on Brazil servers and got around 80 ping which is the same as the server's ping , so it would really be nice to add or improve the North America Region

SecretStash99 and Flikxtah05 like this.
  10. PedroPerfeito

PedroPerfeito Notable Member

As a brasilian, i can tell my ping is always around 120/200, I don't think the server is here hh

Reco_, Flikxtah05 and SecretStash99 like this.
  11. Reco_

Reco_ Notable Member Emerald Member

what ping do u mainly receive on any other servers or games?

12. PedroPerfeito

PedroPerfeito Notable Member

I don't play in another servers- but it's almost the same as BL

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.