1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Natural Disasters

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by Mass Genocide, Oct 16, 2020.

So. Is the suggestion good?

1. Yes. It is indeed a good suggestion and I would like to see it added

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. I am unsure

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. I disagree. Either the suggestion itself is bad or the concept is unlikable.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mass Genocide

Mass Genocide New Member

Natural Disasters
    Natural Disasters is a minigame that ironically utilizes unusual geological phenomenons. From real world dangers such as Earthquakes, typhoons and tornadoes. To meteors, and outbreaks plaguing the map. Each round has 3 minutes and a total of 24 players can enter the match. Players will be rewarded after surviving each round.

The Disasters
    Here is a list and the description of the disasters that can occur.

Geological Disasters
    A disaster that occurs within the boundaries of "Natural/Normal" Phenomenas.

Drought
    Players will get damaged by thirst. The only way to survive is to find water bottles that are scattered throughout the area. Each water bottle can quench someone's thirst by 15 seconds. The water bottles cannot be destroyed by any means incase a phenomena that is able to cause destruction occurs

Blizzard
    Players must be close to each other in a 2 block radius or within a 4 block radius of a fire block that can be found throughout the map (Each fire block lasts 20 seconds. If a player is not standing in proximity of a heat source for 6 seconds. They will start to take damage). If not, players will begin to take damage and if exposed long enough, it will cause adverse effects such as nausea and slowness. If they still have not find a heat source. They will die. Snow also rains on the map.

Tornado
    Tornado disasters can cause blocks and players to be launched to the air (Anything above 25 blocks) and fall to the ground. This distorts the map making players have a hard time traversing through the bogged terrain.

Earthquake
    Earthquakes can cause distortion to the map as well. They work similarly to tornados by making players fall to their death. Ravines made by the tornado will eventually seal up trapping players and killing them by suffocation.

Cosmic Disasters
    Cosmic disasters are disasters that occur from space.

UFOs
    Cows with custom names spawn in the map. Players must be near a cow in order to survive. Once the cows spawn. Each player has 5 seconds to go in close proximity. Each UFO waves has 25 second intervals.

Meteor Showers
    Meteors crash into the map. This causes fires and explosions to occur.

Invasion
    Invasion is a disaster where hostile entities spawn in the map. Players must kill these entities via bows and swords scattered throughout the map. There is a total of 25 entities.

Death ray
    Death ray is a disaster where a giant laser (15 blocks in diameter) traverses through the map. Any players exposed for 2 seconds within 4 blocks or within the laser will die instantly. Mobs and items are immune to this disaster.

Unusual Disasters
    Unusual disasters are disasters that does not normally occur.

Grey Goo
    Grey Goo is a disaster where a nano viruses spread on multiple points of the map. At the center of these sites are "Nano Kiosks" where nearby. Bows can be found. These bows can be used to reset the grey goo.

Slime Infestation
    4 giant slimes will spawn in the map destroying buildings and other structures. These slimes can cause 2 points of damage when they land on a player. They cannot be killed and the slimes are to cause distortion and confusion among players.

Zombie Infection
    Like Invasion. Zombie Infection will spawn zombies at any point on the map. If a player get damaged by a zombie, they will suffer the wither effect for 3 seconds. If the player dies from a zombie. They can play as a zombie and infect other people. (They still get the losing credits but each time an infected player infects, they gain 20 coins) Players must find weapons throughout the map to increase their chance of survival against the zombies.

Mob Tornado
    Mob tornado is similar to the tornado disasters but tosses mobs that damage the player. There are three versions of the mob tornado. One is the Pig Tornado. The pig tornado tosses pigs that chase the player and explode similarly to the creeper. The cow tornado launches cows that attack the player. If the cow tornado is selected. Players will get a wooden sword to fend off against cows. Lastly. The chicken tornado uses eggs as projectiles that can damage players and break blocks.

That's all. Leave your opinions down below on the comments section.

Bye

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  2. Mass Genocide

Mass Genocide New Member

Wait I forgot. 5 out of 10 matches will be 2 disasters, 4 out of 10 will have 3 disasters and 1 out 10 will have 4

3. addictixn

addictixn Notable Member

4. J4cks0n247

J4cks0n247 Notable Member Emerald Member

5. Rubyyy_

Rubyyy_ Notable Member Emerald Member

6. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

I like the idea but maybe too many perks and kits. Plus some sound a bit OP!

7. ilikethaifood

ilikethaifood Notable Member

I have some things to say about this

1: This sounds really fun
    2: The kits and perks seem WAY too unbalanced and overpowered, the game would become pay (virtual coins) -to-win
    3: As someone said, this would be laggy
    4: I think more disasters would be nice?

overall, good suggestion, just the suggested kits and perks would make the game unfair

SplashingPaint836 and Rubyyy_ like this.
  8. Mass Genocide

Mass Genocide New Member

We may solve the lag by optimizing the size of the map. Like making a it a tad bit smaller and making the disasters less detailed. For example. Rather than the tornado picking up everything, some blocks will be able to stay on the ground so we can lessen the entities moving around at once. Or when the Chicken Tornado happens. Rather than showing the breaking animation. Blocks that got affected by the Chicken Tornado would rather instantly break. Or the Blizzard disaster for example. Instead of having to put various animations and effects. All you need to do is set the weather.

Since you disliked the Ranks. I'll be removing them because they sometimes give a huge edge over other players.

9. Mass Genocide

Mass Genocide New Member

Tbh though. I don't know if the masses will like it.

Another thing to consider is the disasters. Some rounds maybe be boring like Drought+Blizzard. Both makes he game harder and all you do is walk around with a player to find bottles to drink or something.

I think we should make 6/10 matches will 3 disasters and 2 out 10 be 4 and 1/10 will be 5

This whole concept was inspired from Grian's Disasters Let's plays

10. SoftwareSlicer

SoftwareSlicer Professional Memer Server Staff

I think this is a great idea for a custom game-mode. It's original, creative, and it really seems like an exciting addition to the list of game-modes that the server has. The attention to detail present you have listed within the post also makes it easier for the moderators and developers to get a clear idea of how this will work. I believe you will need to have a custom texture pack for some of the disasters to work but it still seems like it has a lot of potential.

11. PedroPerfeito

PedroPerfeito Notable Member Gold Member

OMG REALLY COOL

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.