1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Mutant: A minigame idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by MarvelB0i, Oct 26, 2019.

Do you like this minigame idea (as a concept)???

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No (tell me what you dislike)

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Yes but with changes (tell me changes in comments)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I had this idea for a game last night called "Mutant". This seems original and I don't know any other copies of this idea on other servers. I think it would be cool and it would also be popular if added to BRLNS. (This idea was based off of a videogame)
    It's a game in which all players but one has to fight a giant boss that instant kills a player in a hit. That one other player IS THE BOSS. Once the boss has been killed, or the boss survives for a certain period of time a new player becomes the boss and the other one becomes a soldier fighting the boss.
    Being the boss:
    When you become the boss, you first appear with a shop, in which you have points to spend on boss abilities to fight the soldiers with. You get these points by doing other damage to past bosses. By spending the points you loose them. As the boss, when you kill a player, you get points. Just be creative with the ability ideas. Heck, let's have an ability that shoots a giant fireball at people. Just be creative in terms of abilities.
    Being a soldier: Okay so there is a giant thing you have to kill. How are you going to fight it??? QUAKECRAFT GUNS!!!!! All players start off with either machine guns or a slightly nerfed variant of shotguns and could upgrade to other stronger guns by spending your points. Once you upgrade to a stronger gun, you have it for the rest of the game. You gain points as a player by dealing damage to the boss.
    Extra Notes:
    Players would respawn after killed, maybe with a 5 to 15 second respawn time.
    You win the game by having the most points at the end. The game ends when everyone has been the mutant.
    Maps shouldn't encourage camping in a area where players can shoot the boss but the boss can't hit them. None of those areas because it would be unfair for the boss player.
    Edit: I think this game should be an 8 player game but it can be whatever people want I guess.
    Edit: Each game there could be a different boss with different abilities that players could fight. One game could have players playing when they are a boss as a giant magma cube thing, but perhaps in another game they could be playing as a giant zombie with entirely different abilities.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Bearrel likes this.
  2. Bearrel

Bearrel Notable Member Emerald Member

I like this idea, a 1 v all game. Something different

SOmEonE ranDoM likes this.
  3. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

idk it seems kinda boring to respawn over and over and over and over and over and over again until the time runs out and doing that 7 (or how ever many players there are) times over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and again until the time runs out

BopI likes this.
  4. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Then the respawn time could be shortened. Also, we could buff player health, however that would result in a damage nerf. We could also make the game more fast paced with quake style mechanics, such as player speed and jump boost for high mobility. I can see the issue though. :D

5. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

Sorry i just don’t like games that you have to repeatedly do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and again for a period of time :sleep:

6. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

The only solutions I could think of for that is...
    1. More weapon diversity options for soldiers. We could have the soldiers not only change to a stronger weapon over time, but could also maybe unlock perks or abilities for different in game experiences.
    2. Different boss classes. Each game would have the boss be a different mob with different ability options. One game could have a giant slime, and another could have a giant zombie boss or something like that. This would make being a boss less repetitive as players play.

7. Tanphatinfinity

Tanphatinfinity Notable Member

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.