1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Mobwars NEEDS a revamp v2 (this will be controversial)

Discussion in 'MobWars General Discussion' started by MarvelB0i, May 17, 2020.

Do you think this should be implemented

1. Yes (everything including random changes)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Yes (everything except some random changes)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Yes (I don’t like the random changes but the other ideas are great)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Some ideas (warning: only adding some would imbalance the game greatly)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

warning: This thread may be heavily controversial
    I think MW needs a revamp. Originally I thought that MW’s greatest problem is that camping made the game bad and too easy for campers but I realize MW has a greater problem that basically makes the game impossible to balance. That problem is the two categories of play styles that players use in MW, and the different players want MW to be different.
    The first side of the MW player base is the one less common on the server, however many forums users seem to be on this side (I am an offensive player). This side being the offensive MW players who like to rush. Many of these players want bows to be nerfed as well as obsidian removed. Many aggressive players god bridge towards their enemies and has them or their team demolish at least 1 mob in the first 3 minutes of the game. The other side consists of a more passive players who play MW who like camping and enjoy the game at a more casual and passive way to play. They often spend their games defending their mob or using bows to hit players off of bridges to kill them effortlessly. They often hate it when PC players gang up and rush them at the beginning of the game, and believe that PC gives unfair advantages. (It’s equal guys, unless there are multiple PCs god bridging and running at the same team’s island in the first 5 seconds of the game, which is quite rare. (This is a massive issue) Also PE can god bridge too just not jump bridge)
    Why am I addressing this you ask??? Well when people suggest mobwars ideas, they often are catered to their own play style and players like them (I am guilty of this) So, I want to suggest a list of changes that will make MW better for both sides if everything in this list is implemented. If only some were implemented it could imbalance the game entirely.
    I think we mainly need to start this out by nerfing what much of the player base dislikes, by a lot.
    -First we need to remove or nerf obsidian. Unless you have the best pickaxe, it can take over a minute to mine obsidian (with worse pickaxe). Like imagine finally getting over to an island that is guarded by bowspammers only to realize that you don’t have a good pick and there’s obsidian OH NO!! (Yeah that’s no fun). I’d say removing obsidian would be the best way to go although making the cost SKY-HIGHER (laugh at haha funny pun now) would also work.

-Then we need to nerf bows by A LOT. I think nerfing the arrow cost is the best way to do it so bows aren’t spammable and you need good archery skills to even use decently. (Everyone who bowspams says bow aim us skill so let’s test that.). I do also think that high power bows like flame bows and some other bows that are high power should be removed entirely, leaving only decent bows and regular bow. I think this is a proper bow nerf. Like seriously 5 hearts at max for a bow shot where the person getting hit isn’t wearing armor.

-We also should nerf the diamond gens slightly on the outer islands that are not controlled by a team, so most loot will be at mid and people have to fight for it.

-We also need to add a cool down between when you die and respawn of around 10 sec. I hate being swarmed by campers due to the fact that there’s no waiting time to respawn.

Now, I know. I nerfed half of all MW players play styles into oblivion just now. But I’ll do it for the more aggressive players now!!! (Specifically jump bridging) I think only one nerf is truely needed to do this. It’s simple. Nerf the freaking god bridging!! I don’t think it’s that bad of a problem when there’s one PC on a team at all, saying the nerf makes everything equal! Although when 4 PC players team up, then I think that’s where MW becomes in their favor. The nerf I am going to suggest will hit not only PC hard, but PE players as well. Despite this, it actually would make the game more balanced. This is where this will get controversial.
    I believe that we need to make a block cool down for how much you can place a block in a set amount of time. I think we need to make a cool down of 0.3-0.5 seconds that applies on all versions This time should be able to make jump bridging impossible, although walk bridging and depending on the cool down time, run bridging should be viable options still, although bridging that requires a specific version to use is impossible. This will at least allow more casual players to be able to get some resources before being attacked.

Random changes: (These don’t have to be included although they would be nice)
    -If a player who has taken out a mob dies, they respawn with 15 diamonds and 15 iron so they can get straight back into battle (reduces the chance of losing when some campers finally show themselves with god weapons, who did absolutely nothing in the game, just suddenly come up and kill the final team’s mob and win by doing nothing and showing no skill)
    -I think we need regeneration on health in MW. This would make PVP less quick but way more fun and less reliant on food, which not many buy a lot of until late game. This one I am a little bit of a meh in my opinion on but I do want to share it as an idea.
    -I think team auto balance is a good idea. Like when a game starts and there is a team with 1 or 2 players and the rest have 4 players, a player is taken out of one team and put in the team with less players. I understand this may ruin experiences where you want to play with friends but at least you will be in the same game and can chat still, although it will make other players experiences much better.
    THanKs FoR rEaDiNg mY tEd tAlK :D
    -MarvelB0i

BopI, SplashingPaint836 and chrysos like this.
  2. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

Why am I reading this? I don’t even know anything about MobWars. In fact, what is mObWaRs????

BopI and chrysos like this.
  3. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

I like the AutoTeam Balance and I think it should be in all team games like Splatter TSW TSG etc

BopI likes this.
  4. blackjana

blackjana Notable Member Emerald Member

i cant believe i read all this. i agree with your idea on when you die you should wait.. not 10 seconds but atleast 3.. anyways

it would take many many people to change it but at the end of the day it is the owners choice :drowning:

and your changes will make mobwars boring.. nerf the side gens? if we change the game it’s not even mobwars anymore and the point is.. that it’s mobwars

I have an idea.. let’s just leave mob wars the way it is because at the moment people are happy with the way it is :p (i assume)

and we don’t “need” to add these things, you just want them

5. Anodyne

Anodyne Notable Member Emerald Member

i agree w this person
    accept i think bows should be nerfed, i don't mind bows being a thing but they do way too much damage

SplashingPaint836, BopI and blackjana like this.
  6. Contractingg

Contractingg Notable Member Emerald Member

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.