1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Many, Many, Many, Many Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by HazardTheDutchAD, Dec 23, 2017.

1. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

MINIGAMES

Main games players are suggesting is Bedwars, DeathRun and UHC.. Just gotta think how we can put a BrokenLens twist into one of these for a new minigame. Would be helping out vertx unless he has another idea for a game.

With UHC that would require to have at least 50 players to join a single UHC game in order for it to be successful but BrokenLens does not have enough traffic to support this as well as every other minigame we have on the server. It would also be extremely hard to try and achieve the player count at low peak times such as school terms as most players are still in school. Another disadvantage is that it would be hard to code the wall / barrier that shrinks every few moments.

With DeathRun it would be different. It would be a cool game to add but we would need a map for the game and we would need to try and make the game different as HivePE (coming soon) will also have that minigame but if we get it before them we might have a chance. Again we would need to try add a twist into the game.

With BedWars this is an extremely popular game no matter what server you go on they have their own versions of this. It would be pretty decent on the player count but I think it would take people away from other games which are already dying such as DNG and Quake. The game would have to have a unique twist to attract more players to the server and to make sure other games are still successful.#

RANKS

With new minigames there could also be some extra perks that would allow players who have bought an in game rank to have a possible increased percentage at becoming the main player in the game for example DeathRun (Death) is the main player who tries to kill everyone or in MurderMystery a slightly higher chance at getting Sheriff or Murderer.

We could allow a player who is not ranked VIP or higher to purchase a one-time only ticket for a high amount of coins to use on the minigame of choice but this would have a cooldown of 3 days to make sure the system is fair. This system would be free for anyone with the YouTuber rank on the server but the cooldown would still be in effect.

YT Perks

Loads of players have been suggesting that the YT rank gets an upgrade and to be honest I think it does as well. YT rank isn't really seen as anything of value on the server anymore due to the shear amount of players who already have the rank on the server by typing the /youtube command and using a false unclaimed channel.

There have been many suggestions on the perks for the YT rank including /fly, /nick, /settheme, /tag and /pet.. I don't see this as a bad idea if staff would be able to see the official players name while they are nicked and a punishment was set in place if the YouTuber uses the /settheme command for inappropriate content.

Another small but useful perk if the player requests it would be to add a YouTuber role on the forums. vertx has already said there is a way to make it so if a player gets the rank set on the server that it will transfer over to the forums as well. The tag would be changed as my previous example was Purple. I have seen that with xenforo you can add custom Hexadecimal colors to a role tag which would allow an endless amount of possibilities for the color.

If the YT rank was once again updated there would have to be a lot more subscribers on the channel and a possible video setup for the user to continue claiming these perks. For example a channel may have to have 3,000 subscribers in order to claim the YT rank but after they claim it they must make 1 BrokenLens video every month as it shows their continued support.

On top of this the YT tag on the server may also be changed to make it stand out more for the YouTuber but they would have the /tag command to hide it if they need. I have a few examples below for the new rank tag if this was added.

YT
    YouTube
    YouTuber

The /youtube command would also have to be removed and to claim the YT rank players would have to contact a staff member in the support section of the forums or via a private email with Moderator and Admin access. This would help with sorting the real YouTubers from the fakers. This would mean a purge would also have to take place on the server removing everyone's YT rank from the server and asking them if they had the rank previously to contact support if they have the new requirements.

I know this is quite a lot to look through but hopefully you see it as some use for help on new perks, new roles and new minigames. This also took me quite a while to type it up.

2. WallStreet_

WallStreet_ Notable Member

I might have to make a thread about my twist on BedWars, good job on making an effort to do this.

3. Diavent

Diavent Boat Emerald Member

4. BananaMuffin

BananaMuffin Notable Member Emerald Member

Still don't like the murderer/sheriff advantage thing.

RagingSkull, Capitaine64 and Strel like this.
  5. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

Say the current scale was 1 to 10

The player who has no ranks or never bought the ticket would be from 0-3 out of 10
    The player who is VIP would be 5 out of 10
    The player wiith the ticket's advantage would be 6 out of 10
    The YouTuber's advantage would be 4 out of 10

6. seacosmos

seacosmos Notable Member Emerald Member

Unless the ticket is being bought with real money I think it should just be 4 or 5 out of 10

7. Strel

Strel Notable Member Emerald Member

so basically non-everything would be 0/10?

seacosmos likes this.
  8. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

SodaTheDutchAD and Strel like this.
  9. vIper

vIper Muted

There is no need of 50 players in a single UHC games as I've been playing it lots of time and it requires you at least 10 peoples to start it and it's legit fun.

I'm quite disagree with the MM rates. Why? You're making rich player getting richer as it increases one's chance to become a sheriff/murderer and it will definitely give a great amount of EXP and Coins.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
  10. IrishPotatooee

IrishPotatooee Notable Member Emerald Member

I like the idea for YT rank.

SodaTheDutchAD likes this.
  11. Capitaine64

Capitaine64 ✯ Made in BrokenLens ✯ Sectional Moderator

I like every ideas except the VIP on MM .-.

(If I understand, that would mean, if you are rich, you have more chance to become Murderer or Sherrif?)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Strel likes this.
  12. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

Since VIP's have bought the rank on the server with real money the extra perk would only give them a SLIGHT increased chance.

SodaTheDutchAD likes this.
  13. Capitaine64

Capitaine64 ✯ Made in BrokenLens ✯ Sectional Moderator

Im totally against that :/

sry

SodaTheDutchAD and Strel like this.
  14. BananaMuffin

BananaMuffin Notable Member Emerald Member

It's not fair any way you put it.

15. SodaTheDutchAD

SodaTheDutchAD Notable Member

y

Attached Files:

16. Jonas125

Jonas125 Notable Member

I think the twist you could make for each game is making them bug free....

Capitaine64, Strel and SodaTheDutchAD like this.
  17. Jonas125

Jonas125 Notable Member

i'm tired of playing sw and getting kicked by watcher,blocks glitching,bow glitching,hackers etc fix this stuff plzz

Strel likes this.
  18. Diavent

Diavent Boat Emerald Member

I believe it is fair.
    The YouTubers worked extremely hard to get the rank, and the gold, diamond and emerald ranks also paid their own money to be able to get advantages within the minigames. So with this, they get something back in exchange.

Kking and SodaTheDutchAD like this.
  19. Phoe

Phoe Notable Member

I don't want UHC unless they change the pvp back from what it was before, strafe, combos, far nock backs it was great.

I prefer the desthr in idea most of all

20. Phoe

Phoe Notable Member

I didn't pay money .-.

Capitaine64 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.