1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

lets talk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by withy, Jun 5, 2021.

what do you think about kb (knockback?)

1. love it.

2. i have mixed feelings about it.

3. could definitely be better.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. withy

withy Notable Member Emerald Member

i know, iknow. kb has been discussed multiple times before, but lets talk about it again.

i havent been on a while, so ive forgotten the reason why the kb (knockback) is different. can anyone inform me as to why kb is significantly reduced on brlns? /srs
    i dont mean to start any arguments, but i just want to have a genuine discussion about kb lol

2. scarred

scarred Notable Member Emerald Member

its absolutely awful and im sure mostly everyone can agree with me. but, i mean, its probably the way it is bc this server relies on food to heal you so eh. it just sucks bc theres no skill in pvp or literally anything. its all about food which is beyond stupid. like, when youre pvping someone, whoever has more food, is going to obviously win. its like a knockoff normal pvp server where as long as you know how to tap/click a mouse and eat food fast, youll win. theres seriously no skill needed for anything in this server at all bc of the way everything is set up. tbh, i feel like they should change it and make it more like, yk, normal pvp instead of the way it is rn. relying on food to heal you so youll win, is honestly too stupid. what should matter is how well your aim is, your cps, etc. not food. its ridiculous. honestly, everyone has been complaining for so long about the pvp and kb, so i really am surprised nothing has been done about it.

3. SecretStash99

SecretStash99 Notable Member

Knockback should be raised!

4. withy

i dont want to bash the pvp system, but i can totally agree. i get it how the server has many mobile and controller players, so the food-regeneration was placed- along with the reduced kb, but to be honest, its a bit much. like you said, it doesnt take much skill to win. whoever has the most food is more likely to win, which is a bit ridiculous. in sw/tsw, players who have pearls go pearl to the middle to loot the chests, so its extremely hard for new players to even be able to compete with players who have better kits, who have pearls, and whoever has looted the most chests. for the mobile players, since they can deal like 10hp with a sword, other players who have no food basically lose (unless you pearl or run away of course). along with the issue of food and increased hit points, the kb is reduced to the point where its harder to hit beautiful combos and get hits by strafing. if the pvp system was made to make the pvp between mobile and pc players relatively equal, then the pvp system is kinda off the mark. if the food-regeneration thing is going to stay the same, then maybe change other aspects of the pvp system in order to reach the goal of better pvp fights and such

5. scarred

completely agreed. i know this server has alot of mobile players, but so does the other servers where the pvp is way better so i know vertx can do something about it to please most people, he just hasnt for some reason and its dumb tbh. like, i know it wont be a quick process to change at all, but for as long as people have been complaining about it for, i wouldve figured something wouldve changed instead of the same old stuff. i get hes busy and everything most times, but maybe instead of adding more games and whatever else, try to fix this all.

6. withy

true true. im guessing the only reason why the pvp system hasnt been changed yet is probably because a lot of the mobile and controller players would start to complain about the pvp system being unfair. i get that the pvp circumstances for mobile and pc players are drastically different from each other, but cant you connect a mouse and keyboard to phones nowadays? the food system doesnt have to change since it kinda balances the pvp system, but at least change the kb, so that the pvp scale can be more equal and there would actually be better pvp fights.

7. scarred

yeah, but i mean, people are always going to complain about something no matter what gets done, so why wouldnt you want to just please the majority of your players lol. i just dont understand why things are the way they are anymore tbh.

8. withy

very true and relatable lol

9. _ShadedShadow_

_ShadedShadow_ Notable Member Emerald Member

Imagine calling yourself pro on bl sw.

10. ShIpZ__

ShIpZ__ Notable Member

Unbalanced & Balanced ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. SoftwareSlicer

SoftwareSlicer Professional Memer Server Staff

I think the reason why knock-back is different compared to other servers is due to how the server relies on Java mechanics for combat. This is also why you are able to attack multiple players at once if they are in close proximity to each other.
    Personally I feel like armor and food are kind of overpowered especially on maps where you can loot chests quickly or maps with specific mechanics in play. Armor plays a bigger role than one might think due to how much it can prevent players from receiving damage. Like if you attack someone with a diamond sword without armor then that deals 7 hearts of damage, where as if they have full chain or iron armor then that same attack only deals a heart of damage.
    High level play kind of turns into a turn based game where you need to determine if you or your opponent has food or health and if either of you could knock each other off. I would argue that the only reliable kit to use in that situation would be the buster kit due to other kits lacking in armor, and food, or simply not providing worthwhile benefits in other aspects.

Going through and accounting for the meta is definitely quite challenging and I'm not too sure what changes would work well to account for the meta given how the game-mode can be played with multiple different tactics and methods. Like rushing, trapping, skybasing, etc...

elianee, vrehun, withy and 5 others like this.
  12. Voniblynn

Voniblynn ❀ BrokenLens Staff ❀ Server Staff Gold Member

Allow me to translate: :geek:

On a serious note, it's not as much as KB is too suppressed it's just how much it fluctuates. I'll be watching players, along with myself and the knock back is ranged so differently when both players aren't doing anything different. They'll be standing right in front of each other in a closed off part of the map, and I'll just see a player get launched like 4 and a half blocks.
    I do agree that the food/healing system is too overpowered, it takes away the need for actual skill to win a game, and is primarily focused on who has the most food.

"...who has the most food." <- aka luck, + buying the buster kit.

vrehun, withy, SameerPlayzMC and 4 others like this.
  13. SoftwareSlicer

SoftwareSlicer Professional Memer Server Staff

That is a good summary. Most high level play is dependent on luck and how you can reduce your dependency on luck. That's why most competitive players pick the buster kit as you have food and armor accounted for. Food isn't that rare but armor can be quite difficult to find.

SameerPlayzMC, withy, Dz81 and 3 others like this.
  14. withy

thank you both for enlightening me

15. smhnickk

smhnickk Notable Member Emerald Member

16. ilovezachvivor69

ilovezachvivor69 New Member

I disagree. I think the KB shouldn’t be changed because personally as someone who plays mobile it keeps pvp more fair between computer and mobile. Mobile players can never get the combos a computer player could get. Pvp on brlns is unique from other servers but I guarantee you skill is DEFENITLY still important. Especially on OITC and MB, it’s not just luck. I think the problem is that SW/TSW just has too much food that it becomes luck for who has more food. But honestly, if you have the skill this won’t be too much of an issue. You just can’t pvp the same as you would on other servers since it is different. But I guarantee if you go to OITC or MB you’ll see that skill is very important on brlns. The KB keeps brlns pvp fair and unique, and let’s remember brlns is a mini game server not a hardcore pvp server.

17. ilovezachvivor69

ilovezachvivor69 New Member

Not everyone has the money to have a keyboard and mouse. BRLNS was mostly a mobile server and as times have changed computer players have became much more popular bc they have such an advantage in games. If KB is changed there will be no point on mobile players even trying in pvp games bc it’ll be too unfair.

SecretStash99 and seven7crl like this.
  18. SheriffGG

SheriffGG Notable Member Emerald Member

I agree to change the pvp system becouse its so hard to knock people to void specialy those giant maps where u cant knock someone to the void becouse they will just run onto the mid and i think the healing system should be fixed, why? Becouse if you eat food it will take like half or one second to eat its wierd becouse you can just spam eat maybe reduce the time of eating like on mws (mobward solo) becouse litteraly the one who has more food is oviusly gonna win uhh thats it i hope that makes sense and sorry for bad english :)

SecretStash99 and seven7crl like this.
  19. scarred

lol regardless if this is a minigame server, this stuff still needs to be fixed somehow bc its making the pvp games just generally suck. obviously tho, you cant get combos on here with the way things are rn. but, on other servers, mobile players can infact combo people. ive done it many times myself. its all abt aim and cps. also, no. mb and oitc dont take skills at all bc the kb is terrible and this server has a stupid cps limit. thats another thing that should be removed or changed so its not the way it is rn tbh. like, atleast allow people to go up to 5-6 cps bc the way it is rn is awful.

elianee and seven7crl like this.
  20. withy

thank you for informing us about the point of view of mobile players. its very much appreciated

even though its true how there were more mobile players at the initial time of brlns' creation, it doesnt excuse the fact that brlns is a server created for players from both the pe and bedrock platforms. it wasnt as if bedrock was created way after minecraft pe was created; the platforms were created literally at the same time. as a result, brlns isnt mostly made for mobile players, but rather, for both pe and bedrock platforms.

in other servers besides brlns, there are no such things as food-regeneration or fluctuating kb even though those same servers include both pe and bedrock players. in contrast, brlns has an altered pvp system with two factors that change everything about the pvp gameplay. in my opinion, brlns has already been very generous to accommodate the mobile players by providing a food-regeneration system. this new factor changes everything as it changes the style, the strategy, and the duration of pvp fights. not only that, the fluctuating kb has changed the fighting style even further.

however, we should also consider how pc players are not only playing against pe players, but with other pc players as well. the kb system is a huge factor when pvping against another pc player since pvp techniques, such as comboing and strafing, are very important characteristics that differentiate the skills between pc players. without balanced kb, comboing and strafing are extremely difficult to do, and instead of having pvp styles and techniques setting the pc players apart, its now food. with altered kb, there isnt much variation in pvp fights between pc players since the main thing that was differentiating individual pc players is gone, and with food, the pvp fights are not only lacking in variation and style, but now, its dragged to the point where the player with the most food wins.

yes, its true that blrns isnt a hardcore pvp server, but it still includes pvp-based games like sw, sg, mb, mw, and oitc. since they are pvp based games, factors like food-regeneration and kb are essential to consider when discussing the pvp system and its gameplay.

now, i wont ignore the fact that pc players do have an advantage over pe players since keyboard and mouse make mobility, aim, and hitting significantly easier. however, the food-regeneration system balances that difference since pe players with food can elongate pvp fights by keeping higher health. additionally, pe players naturally do more damage to pc player during fights due to how the pvp system was created in order the fill the gap between pe and pc players. if theres nothing to be done about food-regeneration or the difference in damage, then cant a more balanced kb system be expected?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.