1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Is buying ranks worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mysteries_, Jul 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominicshortbow

Dominicshortbow Notable Member Emerald Member

It's fine, it's just other people will take it seriously and then think getting a rank is bad!
    You got to think of others sometimes!

2. SoftwareSlicer

SoftwareSlicer Professional Memer Server Staff

I think it is a great way to support the server while providing some cosmetic perks here and there.
    Something to note though is that even though it mentions that you get Level 4 kits in pvp modes, There isn't an actual difference presented with game-play.
    This seems like a rather misleading point for the store to provide (I probably should have asked about this earlier.) although I'm personally glad that game-play isn't impacted as a result of one's rank.

3. Spike

Spike Notable Member

Lol? You're acting like you want to be a staff how about you stop being serious and the old me all the time

4. Dominicshortbow

What? I didn't say anything about wanting or being a staff! I don't know where you got that from???

5. Dominicshortbow

How about we just end this conversation! I don't want this to lead into any fight please!

Voniblynn and SoftwareSlicer like this.
  6. BopI

BopI Notable Member Emerald Member

well by the way you’re acting you should’ve already been an admin

~~Kxmmy_~~ and SoftwareSlicer like this.
  7. Voniblynn

Voniblynn ❀ BrokenLens Staff ❀ Server Staff Gold Member

Let people spend their money how they'd like, lol. There is nothing wrong with getting a rank to have nice things. It also supports the server. Somebody having a rank doesn't mean their 'flexing.'

[@Dominicshortbow]: All ranks have a 2x booster for their respected times, not 4x.
    [@SoftwareSlicer]: The rank descriptions do need to be updated, as there are no longer "levels" to kits you can get in the in-game kit shop.

You can leave Dominic alone too :geek: he knows a lot about the server, and how things work around here. Him helping out doesn't make him a 'staff-wannabe', staff don't always see every thread.

@Angi_MSG Think this is fit for a :lockthread:?

8. Dominicshortbow

thanks, I will fix the 4x to 2x!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  9. Spike

Spike Notable Member

No he doesn't

BopI likes this.
  10. Spike

Spike Notable Member

You won't get anywhere lol

Vegetable333 and BopI like this.
  11. Dominicshortbow

Once again, I'm not asking to be staff! I've known the server sense 2015! So please don't say I don't know anything about the server!
    This is the last time I'm responding, because I don't want anything to lead into a fight!

12. Spike

Spike Notable Member

Well you've been in the server for many years doesn't mean you know a lot about the server :)

Vegetable333, mysteries_ and BopI like this.
  13. SoftwareSlicer

That's true, I can vouch for Dominic. He seems pretty genuine about things and if he wanted to become a staff member on BrokenLens, Then I feel like he would be more open about that idea towards us and towards the wider community.

14. Angi_MSG

Angi_MSG Moderator ♥ Global Moderator Emerald Member

Imo it is a cool thing to have- it gives you a few neat extra features like /fly /color, the kit upgrades, exp boostes and access to view other players stats - I personally don't regret spending the money on my emerald rank

Quite sure that it does change something (if nothing has changed about that in the past year) - depending on the kit though. Pyro kit for example gives you other powers on top (like fire/lava resistance) if you have a rank/kit level 4

Were these neccessary? it's completely off topic and all it will do is start an argument.
    I really don't wanna lock this thread but I will if you guys can't stop arguing about absolutely irrelevant off-topic stuff.

15. Dominicshortbow

I agree, the upgrades on the ranks are quite nice! Especially in Team mode games when you can create parties to have all friends join! The party command is so helpful!

16. SoftwareSlicer

That is possible. I noticed in Microbattles for instance, The pyro kit does have lava resistance.
    I usually main Skywars and I'm not really too sure if there was really much of a difference present in that mode.
    The other features are quite nice though like with the party system, the commands, and with the customization.

17. xFlora_

xFlora_ Notable Member Emerald Member

In my country its $ 37.00, but Iv been playing on the server for years, so I didn't mind paying that, It was like a treat xd

MCFAZfoz and SoftwareSlicer like this.
  18. xFlora_

xFlora_ Notable Member Emerald Member

It’s okay Dominic I think your smart and if you ever wanted to be a staff member, I think you would be a great addition to the team. :p

Rubyyy_, BopI, SoftwareSlicer and 2 others like this.
  19. mysteries_

mysteries_ Member

wait does brokenlens give some ranks? that's pretty cool ngl, but I don't wanna waste my time joining in some giveaways I don't trust probabilities that well lol.

20. BopI

BopI Notable Member Emerald Member

EXACTLY. there’s many staff pets on the forums who have great potential as actual staff members. with an increased amount of hackers, and the watcher busy kicking the wrong people, the staff could crack down on rulebreakers, or at the least, make their presence more menacing. if hackers start to catch on that more staff have started to pop around the server, they might flat out leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.