1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Implementing disadvantages to Windows/Emulator users?

Discussion in 'SurvivalGames General Discussion' started by Grqce, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Grqce

Grqce Member

I didn't notice the message until recently, but a message pops up to windows/emulator users/ect. before a survival game starts about 'disadvantages' or 'giving windows/emulators disadvantages to make it fair to mobile users'
    I've noticed no difference regarding my gameplay, I haven't noticed or been effected by any of these 'disadvantages' that the game says has been added
    If an admin/staff/member can enlighten me a bit on what was added?
    +
    I'm not going to sit here in this forums and say, 'tHAts nOt fAir' ect. because in reality it is fair, attempting to add disadvantages to windows/emulator users is a completely valid thing to do.
    I think anyone who has ever played on a windows/emulator against mobile users can agree that mobile users vs emulators/windows just isn't a good mix, and there are a lot of advantages windows/emulators are given that mobile players do not have.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used to be a mobile player, but I switched to windows, because I wanted to have a better experience while playing.
    I think adding disadvantages to us is fair, but shouldn't we look at the reasons why players are rapidly switching in the first place?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think we can all agree mobile pvp in broken lens, isn't that great.
    There are countless bugs in the weapons, inaccurate bows, weakened ender pearl throws, disappearing blocks, all that 'fun' stuff anyone who has played sky wars or survival games would know about.
    I think there's been a lot of complaints going around about the piling list of bugs in pvp mini-games, and I understand there are just some things admins/ect. cant really control in the game, and ping/internet connection can greatly intensify these bugs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just don't understand why the server/admins are now trying to give disadvantages to (highly possible a former mobile players) that are trying to get away from the bugs that mobile players have to deal with.
    Maybe focus on the making the quality of the game higher for everyone, instead of lowering the quality for some people to try to make the other side seem fair.

Again, I have no idea if any of these things I've talked about are even under the admin's control. Some enlightenment and reason behind it would be reassuring to players wondering.

SplashingPaint836 and Dz81 like this.
  2. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

I think vertx nerfed the nerf on win10. (Vertx gave win10 more damage i think.

Grqce and Dz81 like this.
  3. GnomeSaiyan2

GnomeSaiyan2 Notable Member

Tell that to all the tryhards in micro battles who destroy win10 players 24/7

Grqce, Dz81 and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  4. Grqce

Grqce Member

Yk, that's a good point. XD

SplashingPaint836 and Dz81 like this.
  5. SoftwareSlicer

SoftwareSlicer Notable Member

I think the problem with asserting buffs or nerfs to specific platforms like to windows 10 players or for people on emulators is that people can use any means of inputs on any platform. (To an extent)
    Players are able to use a keyboard and mouse on their phones through something like Bluetooth or a USB-c hub and some people on windows 10 simply don't have a keyboard or mouse due to certain devices having touch screens or other means of interaction.

SplashingPaint836 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.