1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

IGN

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by xEms, Dec 30, 2021.

1. xEms

xEms Member Emerald Member

I’ve noticed that a lot of people with only 1 level are taking up a lot of used names on the server. Sometimes it’s pretty clear that certain people with one level or two aren’t actively playing. Now, sometimes I may get an idea for a name and I’d like to change it to said name but it’s hard sometimes to transfer to that name because it’s already taken. Sometimes, taken by people who only have 1 level. Is it possible for the server to, in a sense, filter out all the accounts with names that have been used but aren’t active at all? And by the definition of being inactive would just mean staying at level 1 over a certain grace period. This way so people who wanted to claim a name that was taken before can take it and still be active. (Sorry if I’m just muttering now. I hope I made my point clear enough)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. bladel

bladel Notable Member Emerald Member

I kinda agree with you but I think the problem here is being completely sure that they aren't joining or aren't going to join the server anymore. Imagine one day they want to join the server again and then they notice their account was deleted, wouldn't be nice.

3. Reco_

Reco_ Notable Member Emerald Member

its a good idea but what if that level 1 player comes back to BrokenLens, remembers their account password and they realize their account was deleted?

bhaddest, storbuckz, bladel and 2 others like this.
  4. bhaddest

bhaddest Active Member Emerald Member

FR

Reco_, storbuckz and SecretStash99 like this.
  5. bhaddest

What if there is a way to add an account back if they made a mistake ? Whoever complains can easily get it added back?

6. bhaddest

7. bladel

bladel Notable Member Emerald Member

I don't know if that's possible without changing their stats, it seems pretty impossible but only the developer could be sure. I think if an account is deleted and then someone takes that IGN this new owner would modify the stats of the account and when the first owner tries to get their account back staff would have to change their stats back to the original ones so the person who grinded and upped the account would've lost their time.
    It isn't a question of IGNs only, the whole account couldn't just change like that. That's why when you change your IGN you're still being the owner of your past account and nobody can takes it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  8. bhaddest

True

SecretStash99, storbuckz and bladel like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.