1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

IDK if this is even possible if it is it will absolutely thanos snap all bypassers

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by MarvelB0i, Jun 26, 2020.

1. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

IDK so this may not be even possible but if it is than it would be an incredible upgrade to the anticheat. Basically you know how Minecraft has access to your photos so that users can upload skins to the game. Well if that is true than it may be possible for servers to be able to get that data and use it. My suggestion is to use the image code to detect bypassers and ban them.
    The anticheat reads the images’ code (not looks at the image but transforms the image file into readable code and read that code), and if several (maybe around 10 to make sure there is no false bans) images are exactly the same to that of a user banned on the server (The anticheat reads the image in code so the anticheat knows it’s the exact same image), then the anticheat bans the user for bypassing do to the evidence of the images on the device acting as proof of the user bypassing.
    IDK if this is hard to understand but this is the best way to explain it.
    Extra notes:
    - No this is not unethical. Businesses use files all the time of people’s devices all the time in ethical ways (unless they sell that data. Ahem: Facebook). Plus BrokenLens could always just use a terms of service when a new player logs onto the server anyways if people are uncomfortable with it. Plus it’s image files transformed into code read by a machine (not a real person. Just kidding watcher you are a person too :D) and not even actual images read. Also if it’s legal for games to literally use spyware to detect hacking than it’s entirely ok for reading some image code to be used by an anticheat and not unethical.
    -There are many ways the server bans bypassers but the bypassers keep bypassing and getting around it. This would be an effective method to deal with them that is worth the time to code. The bypasser amount only increases so we need methods to stop them.
    -It is quite easy to transform an image into code so I think it’s something a Minecraft anticheat can do. The image down below is of me transforming a screenshot of my Minecraft skin into CSS code. It should be easily possible to also transform image code into Java and C++ as well.
    -This may seem over the top of an idea although we eventually will need some high measures to stop the increasing bypasser/hacker amount that is terrorizing the server especially game like MW and MM.
    @vertx

Attached Files:

BopI and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  2. NoochM

NoochM Notable Member Diamond Member

This would be very hard to code and would need Mojangs approval. Reading personal data also images will not really help with bypassing or hacking in any way?

3. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

The anticheat would detect the code of those images and would see if a banned user owns several (around 10) images that are exact in code to that of the other images owned by the banned user. If the images match EXACTLY in code then it bans the user. This would basically eliminate bypassing entirely. It wouldn’t require mojang’s approval as it fits the EULA. Plus it doesn’t look exactly at the images it turns those images into code which is read by the anticheat

BopI and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  4. Selp

Selp Notable Member Emerald Member

This makes no sense

Strel and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  5. Orphan

Orphan Notable Member Emerald Member

6. arwaffles

arwaffles Notable Member Emerald Member

hello!
    i really like that when you weren't sure, you still said your idea anyways! props to you!
    i don't think this is possible, since this is kinda invading their privacy, and like nooch said, mojang would need to approve of this, also, i don't really see how this makes sense.
    i think it is unethical because brokenlens doesn't use the data without your permission, and they don't look at your images, they just let you upload images! (this is what i know, sorry if it's wrong!)
    nonetheless, nice base idea! i think if you changed a few details, it would definitely be better than it already is! <3

Strel and SplashingPaint836 like this.
  7. NoochM

What if some people had the exact same image stored on their device? Dont you get a set homescreen on desktops and mobile devices?

8. Strel

Strel Notable Member Emerald Member

yea no thanks i dont want some ai reading all my personal/private images

Selp, SplashingPaint836 and arwaffles like this.
  9. NoochM

SplashingPaint836 and arwaffles like this.
  10. NoochM

Also how would this even be programmed? If these imagines arent in your minecraft folders where would you find them? Minecraft only uses recourses fron .minecraft files and would be really hard to find files not from there

SplashingPaint836 and arwaffles like this.
  11. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

That’s why I said multiple images (around 10) would need to be found for a ban to make sure

SplashingPaint836 likes this.
  12. NoochM

sorry didnt see but see my other post

13. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Meanwhile it would take time, it is easily possible. Even if two entirely different applications exist, it is easily possible to use one to get the info from another. The more linked applications are the easier it becomes. I explained the links between the application accessing in the main post. It would take some time to code in but it is highly possible just hard to do.

14. arwaffles

it's still unethical though.. ;^;

15. NoochM

If this was possible in under 5 years I think [Removed] or other servers wouldve done this a long time ago

16. NoochM

sorry lol; big java server

17. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

How? We already have BrokenLens detecting software being used on computers like vpn. This is just reading code, and I explicitly said that the code will only be read by a machine that is designed to detect if exact copies of that code exists. If it gave someone access to that data it would be unethical, but it won’t.

18. arwaffles

the ai still read your private images, which you probably did not let them read..
    that's what i understand!

19. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

It’s mainly out of the box thinking that this idea is. Servers can detect applications owned on devices although it’s mainly only used for detecting vpn and clients. It is easily possible to detect other applications too.

20. Strel

Strel Notable Member Emerald Member

software can be hacked or broken into

I get what you are saying but I'm sure others will agree with me that they aren't comfortable with this.

Selp and SplashingPaint836 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.