fishermen kit needs a nerf

Discussion in 'SkyWars General Discussion' started by dist, Mar 21, 2020.

1. dist

dist Notable Member Emerald Member

nerf the kit, 10 cooked pieces of fish? no
    since the farmer got a nerf the fishermen kit should get one too

2. BloodLustRC

BloodLustRC Notable Member Emerald Member

True. I would like to add supplements:

There are 2 kinds of fishes. I think one heals 2.5 hearts another heals 3 hearts. So in total they heal 27.5 hearts. (which is more than the double of steaks in buster)

People complain buster are too tanky, but in fact fisherman is more tanky. Cuz u can get some armour and more food in island chests, not mentioning the rod they have also.

_Lee_ and dist like this.
  3. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I agree! I feel like the nerfs suggested in the past have been overkill however. People want the kit nerfed down to 5 salmon same as farmer. I'll explain why, but I think the kit should be nerfed down to either:

7 salmon, 0 cod(6 may be a bit overkill)
    4 salmon, 4 cod (cod heals 0.5 hearts less than salmon) so it would heal the equivalent of around 7 salmon.
    - If you want the food to be even worse then my suggestion, then at least give the kit some armor then. Like per every 1-2 pieces of food lower than what I said would be good would have like a piece of chain armor.

-Fisherman has always had more food that of farmer. Fisherman had 6 and 6 of each food type originally, and farmer had 10.

-Farmer has better projectile than Fisherman, as well. Farmer can shoot out like 5 eggs a second, and have god like range. It's very hyper spammable and you can shoot several before a player even notices. One egg can knock a player off a bridge as well, which is kind of OP saying how spammable farmers eggs are. Fishing rods are easy to notice, and you just need to have blocks in front to not get reeled in. People only struggle against rods because they aren't familiar with matchup. Fisherman's rod has less range too, and the farther it travels, it becomes less spammable.

Also maybe buster should get a small nerf then with one food getting removed from buster. I mean, we are getting closer to a buster dominant meta, saying nearly all players use buster, and everyone will convert to buster if we keep nerfing other top tier kits.

Listen, this may be biased because I main fisherman kit, but it really shouldn't be nerfed down past what I said (Ok 1 food past my suggestion would be fine). Many suggest equal food between farmer and fisherman, but fisherman always has had more food, and that's how Vertx balanced it. No one complained about fisherman until after farmer nerf, and there were several nerf farmer threads out there before I suggested the nerf. Overall, yes the kit needs a nerf, just don't make it overkill.
    I do very much thank you @dist for making this thread, so I wouldn't have to get harassed over my opinions, from a specific user who attacks me when I mention the names Farmer, and Fisherman kit. I would have made a thread like this a month ago if it wasn't for that.
    @vertx
    Edit: Why is this thread not getting any attention?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. BloodLustRC

BloodLustRC Notable Member Emerald Member

Just fought a fisherman pc, she is tanky as hell. Even me and my teammate 2v1ing her, she was able to stand for 2mins and more. This is completely crazy. The food is too much for the kit.

dist likes this.
  5. JO5H

JO5H Notable Member Emerald Member

one of the only ways to counter good players with the fishermen kit:

Use the buster kit for the food and armour, mine your island untill it's small and it's flat, when the guy jumps to ur island just combo them off, you can last longer with your armour and the food you get, giving you more time to combo them off :)

6. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

As a fisherman player, I can say that isn't the best strategy. If anything, I'll just rod you off your island if you try that. Block yourself with blocks from the front, I'll just go from above. In melee combat, I would use the rod to attack from a distance and feel u in to a combo. The kit's way too OP and even though I play it, I want a nerf, just nothing overkill.

BloodLustRC and dist like this.
  7. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I agree 100%. I think fisherman is way too tank. I do main the kit, although I want a nerf to the food (I did suggest nerfs that I wanted in another comment.). Although nothing overkill. Was the PC campy or something?? Campy fisherman's are annoying lol, although aggressive ones are tolerable.

BloodLustRC and dist like this.
  8. JO5H

I get 17 cps so it's extremely easy to combo even the best of players, this is just a strategy I use - your best bet at killing them is targetting them at the start of the game before they get stacked or just combo them off the map

9. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Oh yeah also that. That's a good strat. The kit doesn't give any armor so to do that you have to blindly target armorless, or target someone who you've seen with the kit. Also targeting is bannable, so I mean...

10. JO5H

well you can only get banned if you target a specific player every game, I try not to do it but I got a 20 ws so it's hard lol, I usually just put on builder kit and jump sprint bridge to middle before they do so they get little to no loot, that's another strat

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.