1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Explaining Knockback

Discussion in 'SkyWars General Discussion' started by BetoCrashGold, Nov 2, 2020.

1. BetoCrashGold

BetoCrashGold Member

Credit to this post goes to CheapHead from another site:

Everyone gets very confused about knockback. Low ping players think high ping players take no kb and high ping players thinking the same of low ping players.

Knockback expected from low ping players:
    It should be normal. Looking at a player with low ping's knockback from serverside it should be relatively normal.

Knockback from high ping players. It should be relatively normal just a bit delayed. Because it is delayed it looks like they take more than they should looking from first person because the combos are generally longer. Neither of these two players actually take more or less knockback.

Lagging players, players who lag and fail to send packets aka teleporting players. Their knockback is actually messed up a lot. What happens often is they get hit a lot of times and then when they finally get caught up back to the server they take it all at the same time. But because getting hit 3 times in a row doesn't do 15 blocks of knock back the amount they take in total is reduced. They think they take more knockback but in reality they take the least.

Cps:
    Cps effects knockback a great bunch. Whenever the player sends an attack packet their total velocity is slowed. This includes knockback taken. Each hit multiplies velocity by 0.6, I am not sure how long it lasts sadly. However this number stacks with more and more hits. If you get 2 clicks in this time frame you get 36% knockback. Because high ping players have a longer time before they take knockback they can hit their opponent a few times thus reducing the knockback they take.

I hope this helps.

Why does this have to do with skywars? Knock back can be especially important in skywars and many players complain about it here the most.

2. Fweeezer

Fweeezer Member

Well as A Kinda Noobie Or Middle Pro I do Less Knockback and 5e reason is I always get so much dropped frames I’m thinking of getting a new pc But this is helpful.

3. Fweeezer

Fweeezer Member

This is helpful for also newbies to the game

4. Fweeezer

Fweeezer Member

5. BopI

BopI Notable Member Emerald Member

I remember this one time where there was a dude lagging but because I didn’t have a sword I just punched him repeatedly and then when he stopped lagging he just got yeeted out of render distance

6. Jxd13

Jxd13 Notable Member Gold Member

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.