1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Developer Team

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by _HammyMaegan_, Jan 12, 2021.

1. _HammyMaegan_

_HammyMaegan_ Notable Member Emerald Member

Alright this is my very first suggestion thread and it’s 10pm with school tomorrow, don’t judge me too hard on this xD and it’s long- I’m sorry ok xD

So around maybe less than an hour ago this small idea popped up of forming a team of developers for the server.

Why? Well... most of the community tends to not know or been told that only vertx does nearly everything on the server, and quite a bit of ppl even think the staff are counted as developers. Vertx, one person, has been doing soooo much- going from putting the community’s maps into the server, to programming all of the games, to fixing the countless bugs that have been reported, and much much more! To me, when I think about doing that, it seems very stressful and overwhelming. I mean- if vertx isn’t even bothered by it then you could probably consider him superhuman then xD

So here’s what I would like to suggest: create an application open for those who have a passion in coding/technology/programming/etc. in the community and would like to help with the many tasks vertx has to deal with. This is probably too much of a stretch anyway but hey it’s worth a shot sharing something I came up with :)

Am I done yet? Hmm- almost xD how would this application thingy work? I haven’t thought too well into this, it was mostly just a jumble of ideas that came to my head all at once and I needed to write it down xD I thought the application should be pretty similar to the staff and builder applications; why they wanna apply, some things about them, etc. etc. but the one thing I thought of was maybe having a section where the applicant adds some photos/videos of the things they have coded before like for example, something cool they have been able to code in Minecraft, or something else using certain codes and programs because I am not a tech person xD

What would the “developers” be able to do? I was thinking that if there were to be a team of developers, they could just discuss about what to code, how they would code it, how other devs could help them code it, discuss fixing bugs, etc.! And I’m just gonna leave it up to anyone else to speak their opinion on what kind of perms they would be able to have besides normal ranked stuff, access to build server, and so on.

again, this is just an idea that came up to me not very long ago so there could be like 50 flaws to this xD you could state what you think about this and what you would like to add too and if you think this should be added :)

alright byee it’s almost 11pm I need some sleep
    Just watch no one read this at all LOL

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  2. qndreii

qndreii Notable Member Emerald Member

I know a bit of coding :p I know how vertx codes all his stuff as well.

3. qndreii

Well, questions that would be asked for users who would want to be a developer would be: How long have you been coding? What projects have you made (originally)? Have you collaborated into making a project that involves coding in Minecraft? Have you been a developer in another Minecraft server?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. qndreii

I’m very interested in this thread now xD

5. _HammyMaegan_

Yeah, I think those are really good questions! Ty for the suggestion :)

6. qndreii

Those are good questions for now. I want vertx's opinion. xD

7. _HammyMaegan_

Same tbh xD

8. Dominicshortbow

Dominicshortbow Notable Member Emerald Member

Those are some great idea's. Vertx has put in so much for the server, maybe there's others who's willing to help with bugs or map submission. They should also go though a 4 month training after they are accepted and to see if they can be trusted or not.

9. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

He actually did this before in a old thread in one of the Announcement section. Though why he stopped I don’t know.

10. _HammyMaegan_

Yeah I think this is a good idea, a developer would have a ton of power over the server so some training sounds good
    Ohh alright- I just read the thread now, there’s probably a bunch of new requirements since it seems like the coding techniques might have changed in some places and there doesn’t seem to be as much applicants in the thread in the first place- I still wonder to this day of why he hasn’t thought of attempting to re-create it but with some new requirements and such but yeah there’s always a possibility that could be alright with his current work load

11. qndreii

The coding for Brokenlens is 'no longer' PHP. Most Minecraft servers are in PHP, and PHP is a very easy game code to understand (well, in my opinion). Although I'm not practicing PHP, the similarities in what I'm learning are.. quite the same? I'm learning Web Developing, which is what the forums is made! The forums is made up of HTML 5 (and other codings as well). Nonetheless, I believe the Brokenlens server is coded in Java.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.