Can't craft certain items

Discussion in 'SkyWars General Discussion' started by Shinoku, Feb 15, 2020 at 1:13 AM.

1. Shinoku

Shinoku New Member

I've been playing in this server for a while. I've always wondered why you can't craft certain items in SkyWars.

I tried to craft arrows with flints, sticks and feathers, and it didn't work. I mined Iron Blocks hoping I can turn them into iron ingots, and then, armor; and it didn't work either.
    I once got 4 diamonds and yet coudn't craft Diamond Boots.
    Is this intended, or a bug?
    Does this only happen to me?
    If it's intended, why can you even find feathers, diamonds and ingots in the chests?
    And why are some items (like bread and planks) craftable?

2. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Cuz, that would make camping OP lol. If arrows are craftable, then bows would be way too ridiculous. People could skycamp with archer easily without using up all their ammo. Diamond armor (only way to get diamonds r from chests and maybe ore) would be op, and would just be plain RNG chance of getting the diamonds required to get it. They probably made so me items uncraftable for balancing purposes.

3. Shinoku

Shinoku New Member

I mean, bows sometimes appear in chests, yet arrows don't, and they can't be crafted.
    Also, getting enough diamonds to craft armors is not that easy, I barely get any. Besides, you can get iron armors from chests, so being able to craft them shouldn't be any problem, right?

The only thing that makes camping op is the fact that most of the maps are too big, all of the islands are too isolated one another; compared to other Skywars servers. If they were not that big, camping wouldn't be an issue.

Anyways, the real question would be: Why do these items (feathers, diamonds, ingots, etc) even exist, if they can't be used as crafting materials?

4. Strel

Strel Notable Member Emerald Member

Last I checked, arrows were craftable. Unless that has changed.

5. _MysticalMaegan_

_MysticalMaegan_ Notable Member Emerald Member

Arrows are craftable. You probably placed the flint and feather in the wrong place?
    7E2189E9-7FBF-457D-91F0-1ED308986955.png
    Armor isn’t craftable tho, they can only be mined off the ores or found in chests. If you haven’t noticed, diamond armor doesn’t appear anywhere. This is due to the fact that they can be OP, so they ended up being removed. Therefore, stocking up on a material such as diamonds or iron to turn them into armor isn’t an existing strat here.
    And to answer your question about why diamonds, iron, and etc. are in chests, the thing they do craft are the swords (I think? I haven’t tried in a while, I only use crafting tables to make arrows at the moment).
    Some things you can create tho are:
    Bows
    Fishing rods
    Bread
    Pressure plates
    Anddd a few more
    Some things aren’t craftable because they are too OP, but other than that some other things you can’t craft like flint and steel I don’t know the answer to.

6. KSProductions

KSProductions Notable Member Diamond Member

Armor and weapons should be craftable. What’s the point of diamonds in a chest if u craft them into something?

7. Shinoku

Shinoku New Member

Arrows can be crafted? My bad then, I remember having tried to craft them. Maybe it's some kind of Mandela effect, I dunno xD. I know how to craft them.
    Fishing rods are craftable? D:
    I'm writing down that.

Also, you can't craft buckets, right?

I understand if it's for balancing purposes, of course. Yet most newcomers won't know they can't craft those things. Those "special rules" should be writen somewhere in-game.
    Also the fact that you can craft some items and can't craft others is kind of inconsistent. If people try to craft something and notice they just can't, they would think nothing else can be crafted.

8. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Yeah, BrokenLens maps make camping way easier than that of other servers. I don't blame anyone on that though, saying most builders never build for practicality, and instead looks. I usually build more practically than looks though. I've played on a server where camping was more common, and bowspam was absurdly common, but it was easy to deal with it because of how the maps were made.

9. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Weapons should but not armor. Campers are mainly noobs, and the server encourages that strategy enough.

10. KSProductions

I’m not trying to be rude, but why do u hate campers so much? There will always be campers. U might camp sometimes. I don’t like when ppl make a skybase but I deal with it and move on.

xFire_ likes this.
  11. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I just wish for SW to be more aggressive. Seriously, half the game I play, I don't even get a fight. I just go to mid, which no one else does, and get decked, and fight. No one even dares to fight sometimes. It's just annoying, I want a challenge. I win half the games I play lol. Skybasers are annoying because, you know

12. KSProductions

It happens and u have to deal with it.

13. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I do, I just would rather have the game more aggressive. Anyways, we can have different opinions! :D

14. Shinoku

Shinoku New Member

If you're the first one going to the middle, you will probably have the best gear, weapons and food. It makes a lot of sense that most players will try to avoid fighting against you. Sometimes, they'll try to get stuff from the surrounding islands, sometimes they will just camp and wait for you. If they see you still looting in the middle, they may try to throw a pearl and attack you, thinking you won't expect it. You can even stand still and pretend you're looting and players will think they have a chance to attack you.

If a player doesn't have any food and armor, and wields a weak weapon, I mean, they have every right to camp.
    The one with the better gear should be chasing the others, Minecraft has always been like that. If you have no food and armor and see a full armored player in the middle, camping doesn't make you a noob, it makes you actually smart.

I know this is frustrating because islands are too separated from one another on most maps; so travelling between islands is too big of a deal. This is more a problem of the maps themselves.
    Maps can't easily be changed, but there are some things they could implement to make camping less of a problem, here are my ideas:

• A shrinking border surrounding everything that appears when 1 or 2 minutes left, forcing every player to go to the middle sooner or later. Just as most battle royales borders.
    • Nametags will be completely revealed when 1 or 2 minutes left, whether you're crouching or not. This way, everyone will know where you're camping.

15. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

I agree on the nametag part. I think the border concept is bad tho. Like what if u have no blocks or e pearls??

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.