1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

Behind The Scenes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HazardTheDutchAD, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

This post is probably going to get deleted but I feel everyone needs to know this. On the server, I am friends with the whole staff team but there has been a recent drop the past 2 months of any Builder activity. While Diavent has been active, helping to create new builds and showing they are still worthy of the BUILDER rank, Woona has been talking all over Discord saying that Minecraft is "just for children."

This is making me think that she is just using the current rank to gain more friends, but it also makes me think that she has quit the BrokenLens staff team. I feel that Diavent deserves the Build Team Captain role more than Woona because she has been putting More Dedication into helping to create new maps for the BrokenLens Network.

Recently there has been a lot of arguing with Woona. Am I trying to expose her? No, but I am trying to make a point that action should be taken for the better of the staff team. Currently Woona has all Moderator perms including Global Moderator perms on the server and I feel that this is showing favouritism because even when she has been breaking the guidelines every now and then, she doesn't get punished. Meanwhile I try my best assisting and helping players and I get my rank removed, I get my forum permissions taken off me and basically have no use of being on the forums anymore.

THIS is one change that BrokenLens HAS to look at, for the better of the server and the company I feel that there needs to be a staff change, the system is appalling and nobody is actually taking any control across the network. Before this post gets deleted I just want you all to think about this.

What's the point in applying for staff on a server that has an appalling staff rating for an ex-staff member and why should I still apply? The answer to this is, You shouldn't. The BrokenLens staff team is mainly about favouritism so even if you do get accepted you probably won't even last 5 months if you haven't been showing that you deserve it.. But some other staff, they get their rank even if they are no longer a part of the server community.

2. _PineappleDeath_

_PineappleDeath_ ⊰ BrokenLens Staff ⊱ Staff Member Admin

Didn’t you always lock threads because they’d start drama?
    Woona isn’t a terrible staff member whatsoever, she’s been incredibly helpful towards me for a while.

Maybe you just don’t know what going on for her, maybe she has time to get on discord but not the build server.
    Don’t assume things based off the way they look.

3. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

Yes. But that was because I was meant to lock threads that started drama. I'm not trying to start drama here, I am trying to prove a point that players just won't understand unless they have experienced it themselves.

4. _PineappleDeath_

This is pointed straight towards Woona for not fitting your standards, this is clearly gonna start drama my dear.

5. Ripcord

Ripcord Notable Member Emerald Member

Completely agreed. I thought Woona was active on the server and is still building maps, but she isn't. A trial gets all Global Mod perms. ihavenolife, no offence, but I think your rank got removed because of Woona. Woona wants her privacy...what's the use of being a staff member if she's hiding her identity? She is not doing anything at all! I can't keep the hate inside me anymore. BrokenLens will always be low in the ranks because of how stupid and biased this server is.

I totally understand what you're trying to say.

wenzelee, Spike, roice and 3 others like this.
  6. HazardTheDutchAD

HazardTheDutchAD Muted

It's pointed to the entire staff team as well. Favouritism is a big problem within the staff team in my opinion and the word needs to get out about it. As I have seen no staff members actually showing that they care for the server and want to let others know about the experience I see it as showing those what the experience may be like.

I am not trying to target Woona, I know what I have been seeing when she is on Discord and know what she has been saying and I am surprised that even when I have shown it to vertx, he doesn't even notice and half the time, if it's a private conversation he shares it in the staff convo :/ The server HIGHLY needs better management.

7. eviepoop

eviepoop Muted

8. _PineappleDeath_

So you only mention this AFTER you get demoted? If it’s been on your chest for a while then anytime you could’ve got it off, not just recently.
    —-
    I have high doubts certain staff members are favorites, nobody gets treated differently simply because we’re different.

Maybe the staff team is a mess, but let me remind you that we aren’t hy.
    We ARENT paid.
    We are normal people, with normal lives, which have jobs, family and maybe even lovers.

Not everybody has time to go into brokenlens, much more important things.
    Woona might’ve not been too active, but she does come online to help people.
    Hey now, at least she replies to conversations am I right?

I’ve seen all the things you’ve said to Woona, so this really just seems like you dislike her.

Actually nothing has really been said in the staff conversation, so not sure where you’ve got that from.
    —-
    Good luck with your application :)

No offense and I’m not meaning to be rude, but you looked past whatever you’ve done and simply made this towards Woona.
    I’m on the staff team as well, I got in fair and square nothing was about favorites.

9. Woona

Woona Notable Member Emerald Member

I just want to reply to @Ripcord, before you come and say “Woona isn’t doing anything at all” how about you just keep your opinion to yourself, and wait until the next update because the amount of work I put into the update is big. If it’s just been pushed back a bit due to some issues, it’s not my problem, nor anyone’s. My life isn’t inside a game either, If I just took a break off Brokenlens for a little bit due to final exams, etc, that’s my problem, not yours.

10. Woona

Woona Notable Member Emerald Member

Because you know nothing of what goes on in the build server, I repeat... NOTHING.

Pufflin, PurplePond745, SKJ3J and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.