1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

A new rule for mm

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by genocider, Sep 10, 2021.

1. genocider

genocider Notable Member Emerald Member

This is suggested by my friend and she wanted to be anonymous- so here I come! Also I think it's a good rule to be added too- lmk what you think about it

We all know that players cannot chat when spectating a mm game, but what if there is a player that desperately wants wins?
    They will of course, use an alt to spectate, and get the advantage. This may not be a crucial problem, but what if they always use their alt to know who the murderer is, and then pvt the sheriff just to make themselves win? Although it doesn't seemed to be a win farming, but it is really unfair to murderer(s).

Lets say what my friend encountered these days:
    A tryhard wants easy wins and also want to make the progress fast, so that person always pvt the sheriff who the murderer is. The strangest part is when the murderer "wasn't" afk and did not kill anyone, and that tryhard still pvt-ed the sher...
    Yea, you might say the tryhard can distinguish them by watching their behaviors and whether they can pick up gold ingots- but why can they tell who the sheriff is if the original one died?
    My friend is a person who likes to get the gun and kill the murd. Whenever she gets the gun, the tryhard "always" tells her who the murd is, and that just make no sense at all. "Always" means every match, every.

I don't know who the tryhard is, but it doesn't matter.

I've talked to my friend, and she also agreed with the tryhard was using their alt(s) to spectate and exposing the murd. This just make the game itself so broken... And they can get easy wins by knowing who the murd is in advance- they can dodge the murd, and just simply pvt the sheriff.
    It is just unfair to the murd when the murd is good at sneak-killing or sth, and that tryhard can win without any efforts.

So here the thing is, as von bon said down below,counting these as a win farming- if someone keeps doing that. It'll make mm better I believe.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  2. SheriffGG

SheriffGG Notable Member Emerald Member

Good idea i think i experience this situation before bcz the sheriff just ignore all players and went directly through me still a good

3. genocider

This is happening now and is getting severe... It is a problem we can't ignore

4. Voniblynn

Voniblynn ❀ BrokenLens Staff ❀ Server Staff Gold Member

This is just my opinion but: I completely agree that there should be a rule against this, and genuinely thought up until a couple weeks ago that this was a rule that applied to MM as well until I was corrected by a moderator.

This can really be counted as win/kill farming, plus it feels like it ruins the mystery and fun out of MM for other players trying to enjoy the game the way it was supposed to played.

The chances of being murderer are very slim, so when I see players get out by methods such as these it’s quite disappointing, when they’re chance is blown away by players wanting an extra win.

Many of the matches I play everyday are when the murderer- even when they hadn’t killed anyone yet get killed by the sheriff, and this is what I suspect is happening, not to mention most of the alts are so obviously named. (Example: {player}sAlt :wacky:

Multiple times- mostly by high ranking leaderboard players will even say in public chat who the murderer is, even when they haven’t killed anyone yet and/or I’ve been standing with them in-game the entire match, so they’d have no way of knowing.

It takes the mYStEry out of the game, MM is about communication and teamwork- it's about having fun! :laugh: Maybe we should play the game how it was designed. :inlove:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Reco_, SameerPlayzMC, mayenn and 7 others like this.
  5. genocider

Yes- making the "mystery" out of this game is just boring and make the mechanic broken
    It wasn't until I asked another mod that I would think its bannable already xDD
    -
    I just don't feel good to see what they're doing even tho it didn't really appear to affect me- but come on, who'd like to be shot when you haven't started to kill?

Also yes, it's just an alternative way to farm wins.

Reco_, mayenn, SecretStash99 and 5 others like this.
  6. SecretStash99

SecretStash99 Notable Member

7. Reco_

Reco_ Notable Member Emerald Member

this is really good idea since this happened to me before when a steve skin randomly shot me and i didn't even killed anyone , but how are we gonna know if they are "kill farming" and using an alt ? what if we just randomly shot someone and got a lucky pick ?

SecretStash99 likes this.
  8. genocider

You can def tell if someone's using alts to win- Simply just press esc and browse them. The one I recently met has the name that is obv their alt, and he was the one who always pvt my friend.
    In that case when my friend didn't get sheriff, he was always the sher and can shoot the murd w/o any doubt- even if he was hiding next to my friend or me for the whole game. So it's all about proof capturing and that needs time.

SecretStash99, Voniblynn and cyt0314 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.