A few small changes that would MASSIVELY make MB way better

Discussion in 'MicroBattles General Discussion' started by MarvelB0i, Feb 15, 2020.

Do you like these ideas?

1. I like the more food idea

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. I like the armor idea

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I like the regen idea

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I like the tool shop idea

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. I like the farmer kit in MB idea

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. I love all of these ideas

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

So I was playing some MB today and was talking to some players, and I was discussing with them some MB changes that would be good. I think if these changes were made, MB would be more popular, and be a more fun game.
    The changes are:
    1. Players need to start with more food than 5 apples. I feel like MB fights end too quickly compared to other games. I would replace the apples with something like cooked chicken, so fights last longer, and people aren’t dependent on food from their kit.
    2. Players get armor by default. I think that players should get default armor in MB that covers all areas that the kit’s armor does not cover. I think the armor that covers the body areas that are not covered should be either leather armor, or gold armor. Example: Like let’s say a kit gives an iron chestplate for armor. The rest of the user’s body would be covered in leather or gold armor. (Depending on if people feel leather or gold would be balanced). I think this is good so people aren’t as dependent on a kit for armor.
    3. Players regenerate health over time. I feel like players should regenerate health over time like in vanilla Minecraft. I know that the plugin that prevents regeneration makes it so that all players no matter what have 1 bar of hunger missing, but all that would be needed for that to be changed is for that plugin to be slightly edited for MB specifically so the hunger bar is full.
    4. Farmer kit for MB. I feel like after the farmer nerf, it is balanced enough so that it could be used in MicroBattles. It would have some interesting uses.
    5. A tool shop for MB. Games like skywars have a tool shop (not a kit shop), where players could buy tools that they could use in MB. (ONLY ONE TOOL COULD BE BOUGHT THOUGH) All that would be needed is the use of the tool shop plugin that the server uses, and different gear could be bought there. Personally I think tools that would be cool in MB from the shop could be:
    -1 ender pearl
    -1 golden apple
    -1 speed potion (potions haven’t been introduced in BRLNS and it would be cool)
    -2 or 3 cooked chicken
    - KB stick (Maybe or maybe not implemented. Could be annoying)
    -A bow and like 4-5 arrows
    - 1 tnt and flint and steel

Overall these ideas have been designed to make MB more fun and less pay to win! I think everyone should like this! :D
    @vertx

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Comet6, Sphynxx and SmhAustinn like this.
  2. Shive

Shive Notable Member Emerald Member

I disagree with all of those points except 4. The other suggestions is basically pvp with extra steps. Buster Kit should make up for the extra armor and food, along with other kits.
    -why would we need an ender pearl in MB? that takes camping to an extreme level and sure I see it coming in the clutch sometimes but mb usually has smaller maps than other games, which makes me not so sure about the ender pearl.
    -golden apples: DUPERS. Dupers would easily dupe golden apples and a fair amount of people in mb probably dupe on the low.
    -Bow and 4-5 arrows: check the archer kit in the shop

I like the flint and steel with tnt though. I feel like it could make the game a bit spicy without going overboard.

Regenerating health: matches would take too long and would be annoying and eventually the map eats itself. mb is pvp and having to regenerate health is not it.

I think 5 apples is fair, I would not mind the number of apples increasing by 1 or 2, but some maps have melons which provide PLENTY and you could kill other people for their food.

3. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Oh thanks for responding! I thought this thread would be dead right after it is made! :D
    Anyways, time to defend my opinion!
    -The natural regeneration is slow and takes time to heal in vanilla, so in combat it makes nearly no difference. Outside of combat u can heal though, without using food which is convenient for aggressive players who don't want food used up.
    - As stated, I do want MB to be less kit based and not "oh I have rank, and so I win cuz my kits are better". MB has too much of a focus on kits making players win or lose. More food healed and armor idea makes sense, to make kits still very useful but not OP. (Loads of players complain abput kits like pyro).
    -Melons seem OP looking at them, but they are really not. It takes time to heal using them, so u dont even heal very much using them. If u were at 1 heart left, it would take 15-20 Melons to heal to full health in combat eating melons allow an enemy to combo u as well.
    -Dupers are rare in general on the server (most being TSW or SW players) so gapples wouldn't be a problem. Not everyone would get a gapple some would get another tool
    - The e pearl would be buyable in tool shop. Not everyone will have the same tool. Also, It's very hard to camp in MB. The maps are small and u get rushed after a few seconds of the game. E pearls would be great for clutching, and getting away from nasty "I'm in lava, and people are attacking me" scenario.
    -Archer kit is garbage in MB. It's hard to even get the distance necessary to shoot, and once u enter melee your dead. With the bow and arrow option for tool shop, a user can get a bow, but still have the tools to use in a melee fight.

Sphynxx and SmhAustinn like this.
  4. unlovable

unlovable Notable Member Emerald Member

I’m 14 days late but I disagree w all lol

replaced, blaire and Sphynxx like this.
  5. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Ok that's fine! :D
    But for curiosity, why?

6. BloodLustRC

BloodLustRC Notable Member Emerald Member

i thought the dupe glitch is pitched?

7. eXperiment_2000

eXperiment_2000 Notable Member

I like every point except of point 3, because regenerating hearts because of full hunger bar gives the player a reason to camp/hide to get more life.

kiwiq likes this.
  8. EmErALdChIkA

EmErALdChIkA Active Member Emerald Member

People still play this?

blaire likes this.
  9. MarvelB0i

MarvelB0i Notable Member

Sometimes on weekends it gets up to 50 players.

10. blaire

blaire Active Member

new mb players out here trying to ruin our game huh

unlovable likes this.
  11. blaire

blaire Active Member

not that i care cuz i quit but...

unlovable likes this.
  12. gxlden_dxys

gxlden_dxys Notable Member Emerald Member

i mean i don’t play this game bc it’s just one i dislike but i don’t agree-

13. unlovable

unlovable Notable Member Emerald Member

^

14. loai

loai New Member

15. gxlden_dxys

gxlden_dxys Notable Member Emerald Member

stoppp reviving old threads PLEASE ;-;

16. Ex0ticFlqmee

Ex0ticFlqmee Active Member Emerald Member

I always play with pyro (emerald level 4) because i like it. If MB was changed it'd be super hard to get used to. Thats why i like how MB is right now

gxlden_dxys likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.