1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

A change in the login/register system.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by Sshadow_Kaster, Feb 21, 2021.

Would a new login system like this be useful to BRLNS?

1. Yes!

42.9%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends...

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sshadow_Kaster

Sshadow_Kaster Notable Member Emerald Member

So, we have a lot of users with "?" where their level is, unregistered users, they cram up the hub, and other lobbies, and never truly get logged in, instead of having an overly laggy hub, why not make an alternative port for unregistered users, until logged in?

Unregistered users would be brought to a mini-hub, where they're forced to register, after registering, they'll be brought to the hub like normal.

But why force apply this?

Many reasons, skins, hackers, and any other sort of skin or person who may end up ruining BLRNS, because only REGISTERED users can be banned, unregistered accounts can only be kicked, meaning, if all are force applied, staff can easily get rid of these people.

More people would be playing games if they are brought up this as soon as they join as well, and I'm not sure, but does the /reg apply to different languages rather than English?
    If so, just make a setting there that can change the language input.

I find this a heavy issue due to lag in the hub or other lobbies full of unregistered users, and people using inappropriate skins, aka nude, offensive skin or name, and hackers, and doing something like this, gives the staff an easier time with getting rid of these players and will make sure every user gets registered.

If you have any opinions on this, let me know, I thought it'd be a help for staff and the safety of other users.

2. Moneyctngamer

Moneyctngamer Notable Member

3. Sshadow_Kaster

Maybe not to all, but It'd be a lot more helpful imo at least.

4. Yuxxa

Yuxxa Notable Member Emerald Member

Sounds good idea. It will be very very helpful for the new players too. But idk im a little agree and disagree on the same time about mini-hub for unregistered player, and also having a language selector on /reg is a great idea.

5. Sshadow_Kaster

I just feel it'd help reduce lag in the hub, I crash or my game freezes due to poor connection while in the hub itself some of the time.

6. _xFury_

_xFury_ Notable Member Emerald Member

I agree with it. That is a great idea to help solve the lag problems in the server.

I also personally dislike the fact that unregistered players are allowed to mix and play with the registered ones, especially when they are using cheats or doing something that is against the rules of the server. It would be hard to distinguish the difference between them. And yeah, just like what is mentioned above, they just add to the lag of the server.

It is just my opinion though. Other than that, it is a really smart suggestion. It will help players on having a better gameplay on BrokenLens. Less lag means less annoying server. I hope this concept gets considered in the near future.

7. Moneyctngamer

Moneyctngamer Notable Member

8. SplashingPaint836

SplashingPaint836 Notable Member

9. Jairich

Jairich Notable Member

Love the idea! The unregistered are one of the people who costs the lag, Not quite sure if vertx will add this idea, Since this one is quite helpful to reduce the lag.

I also hate it since they create the lag on the main hub, I usually just use the skywars port so I wouldn't have to go to the laggy hub, Although many people still go to the hub and stays afk or roleplay bunch of things.

Which it does make it quite laggy too- Even the stacked up players are really laggy cause of that, This idea could reduce lag in the spawn and you never know. It may reduce lag to the minigames too. :joyful:

10. Sshadow_Kaster

That also brings up another point, kicking afk players after a certain time ex: 30 mins.

11. _xFury_

_xFury_ Notable Member Emerald Member

As far as I know, it is already a feature in the server where you get disconnected after a certain period of time if you stay afk for long enough.

12. Sshadow_Kaster

I've tested that, left mc on for over an hour afk, nothing happened, I just stayed there.

_xFury_ and SplashingPaint836 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.