1. Guest, please be sure to read our Terms of Service and Rules here

<3 [APRIL FOOL'S JOKE]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ray_Palmer_Atom, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Ray_Palmer_Atom

Ray_Palmer_Atom Notable Member

Hello beautiful humans of the forums!!! I hope you're all staying safe and taking care of yourselves and having a super amazing day/evening/night (also some of you may be asleep, in which case, sweet dreams!). I'm not really sure how to start this, but I'm aware that I'm not the greatest at stringing words together to make beautiful-sounding sentences, so I won't make it too long, otherwise you'll get bored xD

I, along with my siblings, joined the BrokenLens forums in May 2016, after playing on the servers for a few weeks. It's been 4 years. It's been the best of times. It's been an honour to be part of what I think is one of the most unique and precious communities in the world. I have enjoyed every single moment of having a place in this huge but tight-knit family.

However, you might have noticed that over the last couple of years, and particularly the last few months, I've been...drifting a way a little, perhaps? I haven't been as active; I've sometimes left people's conversations unanswered for a lot longer than I should have done. As various people have pointed out, I've become pretty bad when it comes to updating my status and profile pic xD

In all truthfulness, I AM drifting away from BrokenLens. Sadly and inexplicably. It's not something that, even a year ago, I thought would ever happen. I don't want to leave any of this magic behind. But at the same time, I don't feel as connected to this place as I used to. I don't have the same passion and the endless need to want to spend time here.

That sounds really cold, to be honest; actually that came out way worse than it sounded in my head xD I still love all of you the same - there's nothing that could ever change that. But, sort of inevitably, I guess, people change and life changes and we move on from things we used to hold impossibly close and we find new passions and new adventures; new avenues whose doors we didn't even notice before.

Like I said, every single person here will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, mean the world to me. BrokenLens is a place that will always occupy a huge space in my heart; it's a place full of people who have always been there for me during my teenage years; it's a community that, no matter what was going on in my life, was never too far from my mind.

I can't quite articulate how I feel about BrokenLens. It's a really deep feeling with flavours of love and happiness and nostalgia and gratitude. It isn't a feeling that can be expressed using words. I've met people here who I love and admire with all my heart, and I'm in touch with some of them on other social media platforms which I'm extremely thankful for because I don't ever want to let go of those friendships.

So... yeah. In all honesty, we'd be here for hours if I kept on writing about how much I love this community. But I can hear everyone groaning that this boring "speech" has been going on for so long, so I'll sort of stop here :p

But, if you DO want to look at something even more boring, I've put together a short montage of screenshots and videos of some of my absolutely most treasured memories from the last 4 years here. I set up a YouTube channel specifically for this, here's the link if you'd like to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?u=BSBcnu0Vyo

If you've got this far - thank you so much for reading!! I'm gonna hang around for a couple of days before finally leaving, so this isn't the last you'll hear from me (wow, just LEAVE already, I know xD). I'm on Discord, if anybody would like to stay in touch - username is Ray_Palmer_Atom#0447 :superhappy:

Anyway. It's been a dream. Thank you to every single friend I've ever made on here, and every single person I never got the chance to talk to. I love you. I can't put into words how much it means that you've been a part of my life. That's why saying goodbye is so incredibly difficult because no matter what I say, it won't possibly be meaningful enough.

I wish everyone all the very best with everything they do. You're all amazing humans, please go follow all your dreams and look after yourself and look after those around you and go around spreading kindness and keep being magical and keep making the world a beautiful place :D

Love only <333

Ray

Dz81, simpp, Bearrel and 22 others like this.
  2. _PineappleDeath_

_PineappleDeath_ ⊰ BrokenLens Staff ⊱ Staff Member Admin

Just know if you were actually leaving I’d be offended you didn’t tell me first s(・`ヘ´・)ゞ

Dz81, AllyMac_, xAlsieee and 4 others like this.
  3. BearB

BearB Notable Member Emerald Member

4. _Yasuo_

_Yasuo_ Notable Member

Damn nice collection, best pictures I've seen so far ( you got me oof )

Dz81, Ray_Palmer_Atom and Whisperer like this.
  5. rasberrypi

rasberrypi Member

I don't even know you but I'm crying... ;'(

At least I still have bean right bean

6. Whisperer

Whisperer Notable Member

Do you use Reddit? Just asking ._. xD

Dz81 and Ray_Palmer_Atom like this.
  7. NoochM

NoochM Notable Member Diamond Member

Rayray! You were one of my first friends. I know it sounds stupid but when I think of someone leaving this server when I have no contact with them, i get scared. A knot ties in my stomach because I know I wont be able to talk to them and most likely never seem them again. Thats why from now on I want EVERYBODY who says they might be quitting to give me their discord / twitter / anything really. I cant lose people who I used to spend hours playing a minecraft server with. It was so magical, and possibly made me who I am today.

Dz81, KendraHawk and Ray_Palmer_Atom like this.
  8. cursedd

cursedd Notable Member Emerald Member

never gonna give you uP-

Dz81, AllyMac_, Whisperer and 2 others like this.
  9. Ray_Palmer_Atom

Okay here we go, a bunch of replies coming up xD

If I was leaving for real, I'd definitely tell you first :superhappy:

Ty ty xD

I know, right??! Such great pictures (and good music too xD)

APRIL FOOLS :D :D Sorry to make you cry!! D: But I'm a tiny bit glad I managed to get you xD

I'm not on Reddit xD (also not sure if you know but I'm not actually leaving, sorry to disappoint you xD)

Nooch! I'm still here, you won't be seeing me leave anytime soon :D Sorry to have upset you but yayyyy thank you for falling for it! Also I totally agree! This place is pretty magical-- AVADA KEDAVRA-- I mean what-

You seem like the kind of person who's way too cool for this xD
    NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWNNN

Dz81, simpp, AllyMac_ and 2 others like this.
  10. cursedd

NEVER GONNA RUN AROUNDDDD

11. NoochM

Ray accept my discord friend request!! <:)

Dz81, KendraHawk and Ray_Palmer_Atom like this.
  12. Ray_Palmer_Atom

AND DESERTT YOUUUU

Dz81, AllyMac_ and KendraHawk like this.
  13. cursedd

NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRYYYY

14. Contractingg

Contractingg Notable Member Emerald Member

Sphynxx likes this.
  15. Sphynxx

Sphynxx Notable Member Emerald Member

16. Contractingg

Cya on discord ray,
    And whats ur disc

Dz81 and Ray_Palmer_Atom like this.
  17. NoochM

CoreyM#7717 :D

Dz81 likes this.
  18. Contractingg

Added u there. As imma quit here

19. Phoe

Phoe Notable Member

YOU FUDGER, YOU REJOINED A BIT WHEN I LEFT? IMMA JUST SPANK U TO THE OBLIVION THEN

Dz81 likes this.
  20. Ray_Palmer_Atom

NEVER GONNA SAYYYY GOODBYEE

Hehe, uh, late April Fools!? :D Sorry to disappoint, I'm not actually leaving :p

Phoe, hiiii, long time no see! Surprise, I'm not leaving! (Ugh, I should've put more than just a Rickroll in the post xD)

Dz81, AllyMac_ and Phoe like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.